1002Re: [force_ev] new sound, doesn't sound good.

  • Gordon Stallings
    Sep 7, 2004
      How many miles are on your motor? Surely the motor uses ball or
      roller bearings, not sleeve bearings. I'd think such bearings should
      last a long time. Make sure that some insulation or other material
      isn't rubbing the driveshafts. These might only be rubbing when
      under load.

      >I am hearing a new sound in my 1999 Force that seems to be getting more and
      >more noticeable. It is a fluttering sound that only seems to be there when
      >the motor is under torch (power or regen). Kevin, at Solectria, thinks it
      >might be a motor bearing. Any thoughts?
      >

      >-Will
      >
      >Will Beckett
      >Beckett PC Solutions