Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Hello From the New Co-Moderator

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2007
      Debbie.,
         Thank you so much for taking this on. I am really glad for the help.
                                                            Roxanne

      Debbie B <debbiesd@...> wrote:
      Hello Ladies,
      I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

      I thought I would post a little something about myself and why
      I'm here...as well as why Roxanne chose me to be the co-moderator.

      I am going to be 43 on the 10th of December. I have a fantastic
      husband, 2 daughters (16 and 18) and a soon-to-be 21 year old son in
      college. I've been married 11+ years and love it. Marriage is a
      good thing when God is in control!

      I live in South Dakota, but was born and raised in Buffalo, NY.
      I love to mimic NYC folks, but I didn't live anywhere near there. I
      just watch a LOT of Law & Order...lol. I'm from the Niagara Falls
      part of the state.

      I've lived in a few different states. When I was 20 I joined
      the Navy and was stationed on Oahu, Hawaii -- I know, somebody had to
      do it, right? lol. Then I was discharged in 1986 with a medical
      discharge. I am now 100% service connected disabled and receive a
      disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
      Anyway, after going back to NY, I married and moved to FLorida where
      I lived in Ft. Myers for 6 years. Divorced, met my current (and
      last) husband and moved to South Dakota. That's how I ended up here.

      I don't work, but help my husband with his business by doing the
      books and marketing. He is a computer repair guy :) I also help a
      real estate agent in my town with her marketing, running errands,
      newsletters. ..etc. The last thing that I do is write. I am an
      author, hopefully soon to be published. The name of my book is The
      Scapegoat's Revenge. I am in the editing state, with a wonderful
      editor, who, hopefully, can help me get to a publisher. I'm so
      excited!

      I LOVE to crochet. I've been crocheting for 2 years and
      my "teacher" said she had never met anyone who had learned so quick.
      Thankfully I had knitted for a long time and was able to pick up
      crochet very quickly. My crochet coach is 82 years old and we share
      the same birthday! We are kindred spirits...she' s a great person.

      Because of my love to crochet, I have created many, many things
      that have nowhere to go. So I decided to find some place that would
      accept donations where I could relax, by crocheting, and still get
      use out of my things. I was thrilled to find a group who donates to
      veterans/soldiers. This is a small group and quiet, but I am hoping
      to encourage interaction and build the group! I'm sure that is the
      main reason why Roxanne chose me to co-moderate the group. I'm on
      everyday, so if you have a question, post or email me and I'll try to
      answer...if not, I'll email Roxanne and she can help me. I'm
      learning and appreciate your patience!

      Thanks to all for joining this group. You will feel blessed for
      the work/fun you are doing!

      God Bless,
      Debbie Birdsall
      South Dakota