Another Batch on the way to DC

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
      Hello and Happy Belated Thanksgiving.
      We are going way beyond our wildest dreams with this charity. Another
      30 afgahns are now on their way to be delivered. As soon as my sister
      figures out how to forward me the pics taken of the first batch
      reaching Walter Reed I will post them. Since we really outdid
      ourselves special permissiopn had to be given to take all these boxes
      of afghans on post. I am so proud we all can show we care in some way.
      I am not posting much because I am back in school at 51.It is
      taking up alot of my time so I am working on getting a co-moderator to
      keep things rolling along here.
      Everyone keep up the good work. Mail those completed afghans and
      squares out whenever you can. Please attach a tag with your name and
      address on it if you are comfortable doing so. There are some that
      want to thank the person but we have no way of knowing who made what.

      Bless you all for all your help.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2007
        Another
        > 30 afgahns are now on their way to be delivered.

        AWESOME!!!

        --- In
        soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "soldierscharitysisters"

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 27, 2007
          Just a suggestion about the "tag" idea...since we are functioning as
          a group how about giving them the address to your shop and they can
          send a Thank You to the group. This way, we can remain anonymous to
          them and still know how they feel about receiving the afghans. Then
          you can let us know when/if you receive a Thank You.

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2007
            Debbie it would be better to have the address of my home on the tags because Lucinda already has a large volume of mail coming into the shop. I'll check with her but I don't know if she will want her address used because she is already being over run with all the afghans.
                                                                           Roxanne

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
              Yeah, I didn't think about how much extra work it is on that end...if
              you would like I'd be happy to receive the thank you's, scan and then
              post on this site. If that is agreeable, I'll provide my address to
              you via email.

              :)

              --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
                If you want to that would be great. At least you can scan them so everyone can see.I can't right now because my scanner took a crap and I won't be able to afford one for awhile. You are one of my Angels in disquise for helping by taking on alot of the internet side of this group. I really was worried I would lose members because I wasn't communicating much.
                                                                                                      Roxanne

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
                  Yes, I would be happy to do that. I don't have a 9-5 type job, so my
                  schedule is very flexible.

                  Thanks for the compliment :) I was actually concerned that you might
                  think I was trying to take over the group which is not my intention
                  at all!!!

                  I will make up some nice cards that can be included with the afghans
                  with my address as the "send to" addy with the group's name as the
                  recipient...that way there's nothing about me personally with it.

                  I have a few lapghan's that I need to send out anyway and I'll make
                  up the cards and send them along as well by the end of the week.

                  Debbie

                  Mobile. Try it now.