Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Re: also a newbie

  • Karen Stradley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
      Debbie:
      I am making a granny square afghan with huge squares.  I am using cotton thread right now and the colors are shrimp and a spring meadow color that has greens, yellows, reds and white.  I thought someone might like the cotton as opposed to the worsted thread.  I also have Christmas colors and will begin a zigzag pattern with the Christmas colors.  Maybe get them sent to PA before the holiday might be a nice gift for
      someone.....
      By the way my name is Karen and I have been a crocheter since I was 9 years old and am now 47 and disabled and not able to do much but this I can do and hope to brighten someones day.  I have arthritis in my hands and have to take frequent breaks but I forge ahead.  I really think this is a great charity and I have been searching for something like this for a while.
      Thanks for the opportunity to give.