Re: also a newbie

  • alexndria
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
      --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "rugmaker47"
      <rugmaker47@...> wrote:

      > Hi! I am very excited to find this sight. I am a crocheter from
      Indiana
      > I would appreciate any info on where to send completed projects. I
      am
      > going to get started right away.... Thanks for a great website!

      Hello Rugmaker -- welcome to the group! What have you decided to start
      right away??? What are the colors? I just love crocheting and finding
      new, cool, easy patterns that look great...check out the free patterns
      link I posted and you'll find lots of ideas!

      Debbie
    • Karen Stradley
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
        Debbie:
        I am making a granny square afghan with huge squares.  I am using cotton thread right now and the colors are shrimp and a spring meadow color that has greens, yellows, reds and white.  I thought someone might like the cotton as opposed to the worsted thread.  I also have Christmas colors and will begin a zigzag pattern with the Christmas colors.  Maybe get them sent to PA before the holiday might be a nice gift for
        someone.....
        By the way my name is Karen and I have been a crocheter since I was 9 years old and am now 47 and disabled and not able to do much but this I can do and hope to brighten someones day.  I have arthritis in my hands and have to take frequent breaks but I forge ahead.  I really think this is a great charity and I have been searching for something like this for a while.
        Thanks for the opportunity to give.