also a newbie

  • rugmaker47
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2007
      Hi! I am very excited to find this sight. I am a crocheter from Indiana
      I would appreciate any info on where to send completed projects. I am
      going to get started right away.... Thanks for a great website!
    • alexndria
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
        --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "rugmaker47"
        <rugmaker47@...> wrote:

        > Hi! I am very excited to find this sight. I am a crocheter from
        Indiana
        > I would appreciate any info on where to send completed projects. I
        am
        > going to get started right away.... Thanks for a great website!

        Hello Rugmaker -- welcome to the group! What have you decided to start
        right away??? What are the colors? I just love crocheting and finding
        new, cool, easy patterns that look great...check out the free patterns
        link I posted and you'll find lots of ideas!

        Debbie
      • Karen Stradley
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
          Debbie:
          I am making a granny square afghan with huge squares.  I am using cotton thread right now and the colors are shrimp and a spring meadow color that has greens, yellows, reds and white.  I thought someone might like the cotton as opposed to the worsted thread.  I also have Christmas colors and will begin a zigzag pattern with the Christmas colors.  Maybe get them sent to PA before the holiday might be a nice gift for
          someone.....
          By the way my name is Karen and I have been a crocheter since I was 9 years old and am now 47 and disabled and not able to do much but this I can do and hope to brighten someones day.  I have arthritis in my hands and have to take frequent breaks but I forge ahead.  I really think this is a great charity and I have been searching for something like this for a while.
          Thanks for the opportunity to give.