Re: Hello all

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2007
      Amanda, Thank You for joining us.I will keep you and your husband in
      my prayers.I am so glad you found us and thank you for the kind
      words.
      Roxanne

      --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda" <akayeo@...>
      wrote:

      > I stumbled across this group while looking for charity patterns
      for
      > another group. As a veteran, I would like to thank every one of
      you
      > for the work you are doing. Although I never deployed and was
      never
      > wounded, I can tell you with certainty that these gifts are
      > appreciated.
      > I'm crying now as I write this, because we found out a month ago
      that
      > my husband, in the National Guard, is deploying at the end of the
      > year. I only hope he doesn't ever need one of your afghans. If he
      > does, though, I'm glad to see people are helping and doing good
      things
      > for the troops.
      > Thank you,
      > Amanda

    • alexndria
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
        Hi Amanda,

        I am also a veteran (of the cold war) and when I found this group
        I knew it was the one for me to use my talents. Veterans, always a
        great cause!
        I pray your husband will be safe - no matter where he goes. It's
        a tough life, and you both sacrifice so much, but where would we really
        be if it wasn't for our troops???

        God Bless,
        Debbie