Good Evening

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2007
      I just spoke to Lucinda and we are over 100 afghans and lap robes.The
      first batch is going to start being delivered in 2 weeks.We are going
      to have alot of warm soldiers thanks to everyone involved.I believe
      our little lady with altzheimers has now completed enough squares for
      me to put together into an afghan.I still think this is just a
      wonderful story.
      I want to thank everyone here for being apart of this and may God
      Bless you all.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2008
        Hello Group,

        It has been a crazy few weeks for me and I don't get to stop
        in and say hello and catch up with all our knitters and crocheters.I
        am finding Medical Terminology to be a challenge for me but will get
        through it.
        Since our campaign for afghans is going so well we would like
        to also add some veterns retirement homes to our project. They need a
        little sunshine and caring too. As for Walter Reed I am thinking
        wheel chair caddies may be usful also. So Many of them there have
        lost a limb or limbs and alot use wheel chairs. I will look around
        tomorrow afternoon for links to the patterns and post them here.
        I am so looking forward to the day we have hit 200 afghans
        delivered which is not far off. We have people working on putting
        together the many squares that have been donated and it looks like we
        may have enough for quite a few afghans. If you have any odd squares
        laying around please send them in so we can add them into the afghans
        now being completed.
        Also am working on finding out about starting a cards of
        encouragement project. I will let everyone know how this works out. I
        am told that we need special permission to allow them also. I have
        been referred to a group that may be able to help us with this.
        Happy Knitting and Crocheting