Re: Digest Number 87

  • bighearts29485
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
      Hello!

      Here are a couple more websites that offer many FREE knitting and
      crochet patterns. The first one is Knitting Pattern Central.com and
      the other is Crochet Pattern Central.com

      Sheri F.

      --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
      <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

      > Peggy, Please post this info here so that those of us that knit may
      participate. I like to do anything to help our military old and
      young. I am sure there are others that would also participate.
      > Thanks
      > Roxanne
      >
      > PEGGY DRAKE <pldrake@...> wrote:
      > Hi - I just got a note from the new WWII museum, which
      is sponsoring making scarves similar to those made for soldiers
      during WWII. The only problem for me is that they are for knitting
      and I crochet (I make great holes when I try to knit). I'll stick
      with your program. I do like the new (to me) websites with free
      patterns for lots of uses, personal and for donation. Thanks for the
      info!

      > Peggy
      >
      > == I'm still keeping an eye out for inexpensive throws, etc. at
      flea markets, etc. for donation along with my own handmade items.

      > soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > 2 Sister's for Soldiers
      > Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)
      > 1a.
      > Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks From: bluhollo
      > 1b.
      > Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks From: Sheri Frederick
      > 1c.
      > Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks From: Sheri Frederick
      > 2a.
      > Re: Hi from a new member From: bluhollo
      > View All Topics | Create New Topic
      > Messages
      > 1a.
      > Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks Posted by: "bluhollo"
      lingoss@... bluhollo Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:31 am (PST) Thanks for
      pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      > Linda G
      > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"
      > <bighearts29485@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello!
      > >
      > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you can try Bev's
      > > Country Cottage website. They have many free knitting and crochet
      > > patterns.
      > >
      > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan pattern and make
      > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for an adult size
      > > lapghan.
      > >
      > > I hope this helps.
      > >
      > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      > >

      > > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bluhollo"
      > > <lingoss@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am delighted to
      > find a
      > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big
      afghan,
      > so
      > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then
      > have
      > > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
      > > afghans.
      > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
      > > >

      > Back to top
      > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
      > Messages in this topic (11)
      >
      > 1b.
      > Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks Posted by: "Sheri
      Frederick" bighearts29485@... bighearts29485 Thu Feb 28, 2008
      6:46 am (PST) Hello!

      > I think you will really like the Bev's Country
      > Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
      > are different categories that you can also click on
      > such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
      > of their patterns.
      >
      > Sheri F.
      >
      > --- bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      > > Linda G
      > > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
      > > "bighearts29485"
      > > <bighearts29485@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello!
      > > >
      > > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
      > > can try Bev's
      > > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
      > > knitting and crochet
      > > > patterns.
      > > >
      > > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
      > > pattern and make
      > > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
      > > an adult size
      > > > lapghan.
      > > >
      > > > I hope this helps.
      > > >
      > > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      > > >

      > > > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,

      > > delighted to
      > > find a
      > > do a big afghan,
      > > so
      > > there, and then
      > > have
      > > they are small
      > > > afghans.
      > > > >

      > Back to top
      > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
      > Messages in this topic (11)
      >
      > 1c.
      > Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks Posted by: "Sheri
      Frederick" bighearts29485@... bighearts29485 Thu Feb 28, 2008
      7:30 am (PST) OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

      > Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
      > and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
      > They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
      > etc.
      >
      > Sheri F.
      > --- Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello!
      > >
      > > I think you will really like the Bev's Country
      > > Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website
      > > there
      > > are different categories that you can also click on
      > > such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up
      > > more
      > > of their patterns.
      > >
      > > Sheri F.
      > >
      > > --- bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      > > > Linda G
      > > > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,

      > > > can try Bev's
      > > > knitting and crochet

      > > > pattern and make
      > > for
      > > > an adult size

      > > > "bluhollo"

      > > am
      > > > delighted to
      > > > find a
      > > > do a big afghan,
      > > > so
      > > > there, and then
      > > > have
      > > > they are small
      > > > > >

      > Back to top
      > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
      > Messages in this topic (11)
      >
      > 2a.
      > Re: Hi from a new member Posted by: "bluhollo" lingoss@...
      bluhollo Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 am (PST) I am in Mifflin County,
      about 20 minutes from Penn State.
      > I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
      > this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.
      >
      > Linda
      > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
      > <soldierscharitysisters@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also
      in
      > there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
      > members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
      > people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
      > the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
      > really do appreciate it.
      > >
      > Roxanne
      > >
      > > bluhollo <lingoss@> wrote:
      > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      > delighted to find a
      > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
      > so
      > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then
      have
      > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
      > afghans.
      > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > >

      > Back to top
      > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
      > Messages in this topic (11)
      >

      > Recent Activity
      >
      > 1
      > New Members
      >
      > Visit Your Group
      > Moderator Central
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > Get the latest news
      > from the team.
      >
      > Sell Online
      > Start selling with
      > our award-winning
      > e-commerce tools.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > Special K Challenge
      > Join others who
      > are losing pounds.
      >

      > Need to Reply?
      > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message
      in the Daily Digest.

      > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
      Calendar

      > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch
      format to Traditional

      Try it now.