Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Digest Number 87

  • PEGGY DRAKE
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi - I just got a note from the new WWII museum, which is sponsoring making scarves similar to those made for soldiers during WWII.  The only problem for me is that they are for knitting and I crochet (I make great holes when I try to knit).  I'll stick with your program.  I do like the new (to me) websites with free patterns for lots of uses, personal and for donation.  Thanks for the info!

      Peggy

      == I'm still keeping an eye out for inexpensive throws, etc. at flea markets, etc. for donation along with my own handmade items.

      soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

      1a.
      Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks From: bluhollo
      1b.
      Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks From: Sheri Frederick
      1c.
      Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks From: Sheri Frederick
      2a.
      Re: Hi from a new member From: bluhollo

      Messages

      1a.

      Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks

      Posted by: "bluhollo" lingoss@...   bluhollo

      Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:31 am (PST)

      Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      Linda G
      --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com, "bighearts29485"
      <bighearts29485@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you can try Bev's
      > Country Cottage website. They have many free knitting and crochet
      > patterns.
      >
      > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan pattern and make
      > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for an adult size
      > lapghan.
      >
      > I hope this helps.
      >
      > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      >

      > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com, "bluhollo"
      > <lingoss@> wrote:
      > >
      > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am delighted to
      find a
      > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
      so
      > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then
      have
      > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
      > afghans.
      > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

      1b.

      Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks

      Posted by: "Sheri Frederick" bighearts29485@...   bighearts29485

      Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 am (PST)

      Hello!

      I think you will really like the Bev's Country
      Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
      are different categories that you can also click on
      such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
      of their patterns.

      Sheri F.

      --- bluhollo <lingoss@embarqmail. com> wrote:

      > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      > Linda G
      > --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
      > "bighearts29485"
      > <bighearts29485@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello!
      > >
      > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
      > can try Bev's
      > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
      > knitting and crochet
      > > patterns.
      > >
      > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
      > pattern and make
      > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
      > an adult size
      > > lapghan.
      > >
      > > I hope this helps.
      > >
      > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      > >

      > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
      > "bluhollo"
      > > <lingoss@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      > delighted to
      > find a
      > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
      > do a big afghan,
      > so
      > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
      > there, and then
      > have
      > > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
      > they are small
      > > afghans.
      > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

      1c.

      Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks

      Posted by: "Sheri Frederick" bighearts29485@...   bighearts29485

      Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:30 am (PST)

      OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

      Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
      and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
      They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
      etc.

      Sheri F.
      --- Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > I think you will really like the Bev's Country
      > Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website
      > there
      > are different categories that you can also click on
      > such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up
      > more
      > of their patterns.
      >
      > Sheri F.
      >
      > --- bluhollo <lingoss@embarqmail. com> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      > > Linda G
      > > --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
      > > "bighearts29485"
      > > <bighearts29485@ ...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello!
      > > >
      > > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
      > > can try Bev's
      > > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
      > > knitting and crochet
      > > > patterns.
      > > >
      > > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
      > > pattern and make
      > > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it
      > for
      > > an adult size
      > > > lapghan.
      > > >
      > > > I hope this helps.
      > > >
      > > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      > > >

      > > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,

      > am
      > > delighted to
      > > find a
      > > do a big afghan,
      > > so
      > > there, and then
      > > have
      > > they are small
      > > > afghans.

      2a.

      Re: Hi from a new member

      Posted by: "bluhollo" lingoss@...   bluhollo

      Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 am (PST)

      I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
      I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
      this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

      Linda
      --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com, Roxanne weaver
      <soldierscharitysis ters@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
      there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
      members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
      people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
      the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
      really do appreciate it.

      Roxanne

      > bluhollo <lingoss@... > wrote:
      > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      delighted to find a
      > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
      so
      > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
      > them used for something useful is great.
      > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
      afghans.
      > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---

      Moderator Central
      Get the latest news
      from the team.
      Sell Online
      our award-winning
      e-commerce tools.
      Yahoo! Groups
      Join others who
      are losing pounds.
      Need to Reply?

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Peggy, Please post this info here so that those of us that knit may participate. I like to do anything to help our military old and young. I am sure there are others that would also participate.
                                   Thanks
                                   Roxanne

        Posted by: "bluhollo" lingoss@embarqmail. com   bluhollo

        Posted by: "Sheri Frederick" bighearts29485@ yahoo.com   bighearts29485

> [...]

        <soldierscharitysis ters@...> wrote:

        > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
        there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
        members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
        people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
        the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
        really do appreciate it.

        Roxanne

        > bluhollo <lingoss@... > wrote:
        > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
        delighted to find a
        > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
        so
        > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
        > them used for something useful is great.
        > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small

        Moderator Central
        Get the latest news
        from the team.
        Sell Online
        our award-winning
        e-commerce tools.
        Yahoo! Groups
        Join others who
        are losing pounds.
        Need to Reply?

      • bighearts29485
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
          Hello!

          Here are a couple more websites that offer many FREE knitting and
          crochet patterns. The first one is Knitting Pattern Central.com and
          the other is Crochet Pattern Central.com

          Sheri F.

> [...]
          > > of their patterns.
          > >
          > > Sheri F.
          > >
          > > --- bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
          > > > Linda G
          > > > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,

          > > > can try Bev's
          > > > knitting and crochet

          > > > pattern and make
          > > for
          > > > an adult size

          > > > "bluhollo"

          > > am
          > > > delighted to
          > > > find a
          > > > do a big afghan,
          > > > so
          > > > there, and then
          > > > have
          > > > they are small
          > > > > >

          > Back to top
          > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

          bluhollo Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 am (PST) I am in Mifflin County,
          about 20 minutes from Penn State.
          > I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
          > this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.
          >
          > Linda
          > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
          > <soldierscharitysisters@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also
          in
          > there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
          > members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
          > people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
          > the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
          > really do appreciate it.
          > >
          > Roxanne
          > >
          > > bluhollo <lingoss@> wrote:
          > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
          > delighted to find a
          > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
          > so
          > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then
          have
          > > them used for something useful is great.
          > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
          > afghans.
          > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
          > >

          > > ---------------------------------
          > >

          > Back to top
          > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
          > Messages in this topic (11)
          >

          > Recent Activity
          >
          > 1
          > New Members
          >
          > Visit Your Group
          > Moderator Central
          > Yahoo! Groups
          > Get the latest news
          > from the team.
          >
          > Sell Online
          > Start selling with
          > our award-winning
          > e-commerce tools.
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups
          > Special K Challenge
          > Join others who
          > are losing pounds.
          >

          > Need to Reply?
          > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message
          in the Daily Digest.

          > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
          Calendar

          > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch
          format to Traditional

          Try it now.