Re: Hi from a new member

  • bluhollo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
      I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
      I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
      this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

      Linda
      --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
      <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
      there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
      members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
      people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
      the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
      really do appreciate it.

      Roxanne

      > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
      > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      delighted to find a
      > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
      so
      > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
      > them used for something useful is great.
      > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
      afghans.
      > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
      >

      > ---------------------------------

    • Sheri Frederick
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
        Hello!

        I think you will really like the Bev's Country
        Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
        are different categories that you can also click on
        such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
        of their patterns.

        Sheri F.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
          OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

          Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
          and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
          They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
          etc.

          Sheri F.