Re: Hi from a new member - Thanks

  • bluhollo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
      Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
      Linda G
      --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"
      <bighearts29485@...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you can try Bev's
      > Country Cottage website. They have many free knitting and crochet
      > patterns.
      >
      > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan pattern and make
      > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for an adult size
      > lapghan.
      >
      > I hope this helps.
      >
      > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      >

      > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bluhollo"
      > <lingoss@> wrote:
      > >
      > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am delighted to
      find a
      > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
      so
      > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then
      have
      > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
      > afghans.
      > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

    • bluhollo
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
        I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
        I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
        this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

        Linda
        --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
        <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

        > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
        there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
        members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
        people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
        the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
        really do appreciate it.

        Roxanne

        > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
        > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
        delighted to find a
        > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
        so
        > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
        > them used for something useful is great.
        > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
        afghans.
        > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
        >

        > ---------------------------------

      • Sheri Frederick
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
          Hello!

          I think you will really like the Bev's Country
          Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
          are different categories that you can also click on
          such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
          of their patterns.

          Sheri F.

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
            OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

            Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
            and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
            They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
            etc.

            Sheri F.