Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Re: Hi from a new member

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
      Thank You for posting these sizes. I was not sure exactly of mesurements since I usially do what looks the right size. i am sort of a not by the book crocheter and knitter so don't know how to give exact measurements.
                                                         Roxanne

      Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
      Hello!

      A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is:

      Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32.

      These sizes seem to work the best especially for those
      in wheelchairs. The lapghans do not get caught up in
      moving parts of the wheelchair and do not always need
      tucking in like full size afghans do.

      Sheri F.

      --- Helen Swartz <helenswartz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      > What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
      > sure how large to make them?
      >
      > Thanks ,Helen
      > --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello!
      > >
      > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
      > can
      > > try Bev's
      > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
      > > knitting and crochet
      > > patterns.
      > >
      > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
      > > pattern and make
      > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
      > an
      > > adult size
      > > lapghan.
      > >
      > > I hope this helps.
      > >
      > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      > >

      > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
      > > "bluhollo"
      > > <lingoss@... > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      > > delighted to find a
      > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
      > do
      > > a big afghan, so
      > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
      > > there, and then have
      > > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
      > > they are small
      > > afghans.
      > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

      > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

    • bluhollo
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
        Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
        Linda G
        --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
          I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
          I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
          this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

          Linda
          --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
          <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

          > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
          there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
          members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
          people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
          the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
          really do appreciate it.

          Roxanne

          > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
          > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
          delighted to find a
          > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
          so
          > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
          > them used for something useful is great.
          > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
          afghans.
          > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
          >

          > ---------------------------------

        • Sheri Frederick
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
            Hello!

            I think you will really like the Bev's Country
            Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
            are different categories that you can also click on
            such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
            of their patterns.

            Sheri F.

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
              OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

              Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
              and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
              They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
              etc.

              Sheri F.