Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Re: Hi from a new member

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
      As long as they can cover their legs up while sitting in a wheel chair we can use them.
                                                        Roxanne

      Helen Swartz <helenswartz@...> wrote:
      What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
      sure how large to make them?

      Thanks ,Helen

      http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
        Thank You for posting these sizes. I was not sure exactly of mesurements since I usially do what looks the right size. i am sort of a not by the book crocheter and knitter so don't know how to give exact measurements.
                                                           Roxanne

        Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
        Hello!

        A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is:

        Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32.

        These sizes seem to work the best especially for those
        in wheelchairs. The lapghans do not get caught up in
        moving parts of the wheelchair and do not always need
        tucking in like full size afghans do.

        Sheri F.

        --- Helen Swartz <helenswartz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
        > sure how large to make them?
        >
        > Thanks ,Helen
        > --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:
        >
        > > Hello!
        > >
        > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
        > can
        > > try Bev's
        > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
        > > knitting and crochet
        > > patterns.
        > >
        > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
        > > pattern and make
        > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
        > an
        > > adult size
        > > lapghan.
        > >
        > > I hope this helps.
        > >
        > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
        > >

        > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
        > > "bluhollo"
        > > <lingoss@... > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
        > > delighted to find a
        > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
        > do
        > > a big afghan, so
        > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
        > > there, and then have
        > > > them used for something useful is great.
        > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
        > > they are small
        > > afghans.
        > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

        > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

      • bluhollo
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
          Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
          Linda G
          --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
            I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
            I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
            this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

            Linda
            --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
            <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

            > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
            there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
            members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
            people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
            the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
            really do appreciate it.

            Roxanne

            > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
            > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
            delighted to find a
            > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
            so
            > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
            > them used for something useful is great.
            > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
            afghans.
            > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • Sheri Frederick
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
              Hello!

              I think you will really like the Bev's Country
              Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
              are different categories that you can also click on
              such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
              of their patterns.

              Sheri F.

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

                Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
                and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
                They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
                etc.

                Sheri F.