Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Hi from a new member

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
      Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys really do appreciate it.
                                                                       Roxanne

      bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
      HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am delighted to find a
      way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan, so
      being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
      them used for something useful is great.
      I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small afghans.
      Does anyone have link to a pattern?

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
        As long as they can cover their legs up while sitting in a wheel chair we can use them.
                                                          Roxanne

        Helen Swartz <helenswartz@...> wrote:
        What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
        sure how large to make them?

        Thanks ,Helen

        http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
          Thank You for posting these sizes. I was not sure exactly of mesurements since I usially do what looks the right size. i am sort of a not by the book crocheter and knitter so don't know how to give exact measurements.
                                                             Roxanne

          Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
          Hello!

          A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is:

          Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32.

          These sizes seem to work the best especially for those
          in wheelchairs. The lapghans do not get caught up in
          moving parts of the wheelchair and do not always need
          tucking in like full size afghans do.

          Sheri F.

          --- Helen Swartz <helenswartz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
          > sure how large to make them?
          >
          > Thanks ,Helen
          > --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello!
          > >
          > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
          > can
          > > try Bev's
          > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
          > > knitting and crochet
          > > patterns.
          > >
          > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
          > > pattern and make
          > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
          > an
          > > adult size
          > > lapghan.
          > >
          > > I hope this helps.
          > >
          > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
          > >

          > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
          > > "bluhollo"
          > > <lingoss@... > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
          > > delighted to find a
          > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
          > do
          > > a big afghan, so
          > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
          > > there, and then have
          > > > them used for something useful is great.
          > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
          > > they are small
          > > afghans.
          > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

          > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

        • bluhollo
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
            Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
            Linda G
            --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
              I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
              I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
              this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

              Linda
              --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
              <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

              > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
              there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
              members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
              people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
              the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
              really do appreciate it.

              Roxanne

              > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
              > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
              delighted to find a
              > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
              so
              > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
              > them used for something useful is great.
              > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
              afghans.
              > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
              >

              > ---------------------------------

            • Sheri Frederick
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                Hello!

                I think you will really like the Bev's Country
                Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
                are different categories that you can also click on
                such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
                of their patterns.

                Sheri F.

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                  OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

                  Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
                  and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
                  They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
                  etc.

                  Sheri F.