Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Re: Hi from a new member

Expand Messages
  • Sheri Frederick
    Hello! A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is: Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32. These sizes seem to work the best especially for
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello!

      A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is:

      Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32.

      These sizes seem to work the best especially for those
      in wheelchairs. The lapghans do not get caught up in
      moving parts of the wheelchair and do not always need
      tucking in like full size afghans do.

      Sheri F.

      --- Helen Swartz <helenswartz@...> wrote:

      > What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
      > sure how large to make them?
      >
      > Thanks ,Helen
      > --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello!
      > >
      > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
      > can
      > > try Bev's
      > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
      > > knitting and crochet
      > > patterns.
      > >
      > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
      > > pattern and make
      > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
      > an
      > > adult size
      > > lapghan.
      > >
      > > I hope this helps.
      > >
      > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
      > > "bluhollo"
      > > <lingoss@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      > > delighted to find a
      > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
      > do
      > > a big afghan, so
      > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
      > > there, and then have
      > > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
      > > they are small
      > > afghans.
      > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
      > > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      ____________________________________________________________________________________
      > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      >
    • Roxanne weaver
      Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new members that want to join us.
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys really do appreciate it.
                                                                         Roxanne

        bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
        HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am delighted to find a
        way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan, so
        being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
        them used for something useful is great.
        I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small afghans.
        Does anyone have link to a pattern?



        Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

      • Roxanne weaver
        As long as they can cover their legs up while sitting in a wheel chair we can use them. Roxanne Helen Swartz wrote: What are the
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          As long as they can cover their legs up while sitting in a wheel chair we can use them.
                                                            Roxanne

          Helen Swartz <helenswartz@...> wrote:
          What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
          sure how large to make them?

          Thanks ,Helen
          --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > Hello!
          >
          > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you can
          > try Bev's
          > Country Cottage website. They have many free
          > knitting and crochet
          > patterns.
          >
          > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
          > pattern and make
          > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for an
          > adult size
          > lapghan.
          >
          > I hope this helps.
          >
          > Sheri F. from South Carolina
          >
          >
          >
          > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
          > "bluhollo"
          > <lingoss@... > wrote:
          > >
          > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
          > delighted to find a
          > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do
          > a big afghan, so
          > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
          > there, and then have
          > > them used for something useful is great.
          > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
          > they are small
          > afghans.
          > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
          > >
          >
          >
          >

          ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
          Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
          http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs


          Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

        • Roxanne weaver
          Thank You for posting these sizes. I was not sure exactly of mesurements since I usially do what looks the right size. i am sort of a not by the book crocheter
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            Thank You for posting these sizes. I was not sure exactly of mesurements since I usially do what looks the right size. i am sort of a not by the book crocheter and knitter so don't know how to give exact measurements.
                                                               Roxanne

            Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
            Hello!

            A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is:

            Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32.

            These sizes seem to work the best especially for those
            in wheelchairs. The lapghans do not get caught up in
            moving parts of the wheelchair and do not always need
            tucking in like full size afghans do.

            Sheri F.

            --- Helen Swartz <helenswartz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
            > sure how large to make them?
            >
            > Thanks ,Helen
            > --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            >
            > > Hello!
            > >
            > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
            > can
            > > try Bev's
            > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
            > > knitting and crochet
            > > patterns.
            > >
            > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
            > > pattern and make
            > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
            > an
            > > adult size
            > > lapghan.
            > >
            > > I hope this helps.
            > >
            > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
            > > "bluhollo"
            > > <lingoss@... > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
            > > delighted to find a
            > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
            > do
            > > a big afghan, so
            > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
            > > there, and then have
            > > > them used for something useful is great.
            > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
            > > they are small
            > > afghans.
            > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
            > > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
            > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
            > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs
            >



            Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

          • bluhollo
            Thanks for pointer to Bev s. I will check it out. Linda G ... find a ... so ... have
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
              Linda G
              --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"
              <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello!
              >
              > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you can try Bev's
              > Country Cottage website. They have many free knitting and crochet
              > patterns.
              >
              > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan pattern and make
              > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for an adult size
              > lapghan.
              >
              > I hope this helps.
              >
              > Sheri F. from South Carolina
              >
              >
              >
              > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bluhollo"
              > <lingoss@> wrote:
              > >
              > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am delighted to
              find a
              > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
              so
              > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then
              have
              > > them used for something useful is great.
              > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
              > afghans.
              > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
              > >
              >
            • bluhollo
              I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State. I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on this group to them, or will
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
                I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
                this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

                Linda
                --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
                <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:
                >
                > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
                there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
                members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
                people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
                the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
                really do appreciate it.
                >
                Roxanne
                >
                > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
                > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
                delighted to find a
                > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
                so
                > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
                > them used for something useful is great.
                > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
                afghans.
                > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
                >
              • Sheri Frederick
                Hello! I think you will really like the Bev s Country Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there are different categories that you can also click
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hello!

                  I think you will really like the Bev's Country
                  Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
                  are different categories that you can also click on
                  such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
                  of their patterns.

                  Sheri F.

                  --- bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
                  > Linda G
                  > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
                  > "bighearts29485"
                  > <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello!
                  > >
                  > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
                  > can try Bev's
                  > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
                  > knitting and crochet
                  > > patterns.
                  > >
                  > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
                  > pattern and make
                  > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
                  > an adult size
                  > > lapghan.
                  > >
                  > > I hope this helps.
                  > >
                  > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
                  > "bluhollo"
                  > > <lingoss@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
                  > delighted to
                  > find a
                  > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
                  > do a big afghan,
                  > so
                  > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
                  > there, and then
                  > have
                  > > > them used for something useful is great.
                  > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
                  > they are small
                  > > afghans.
                  > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
                  > > >
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                • Sheri Frederick
                  OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email. Here is another wonderful website with free knitting and crochet patterns. It s called Yarn Lovers Room. They
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

                    Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
                    and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
                    They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
                    etc.

                    Sheri F.
                    --- Sheri Frederick <bighearts29485@...> wrote:

                    > Hello!
                    >
                    > I think you will really like the Bev's Country
                    > Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website
                    > there
                    > are different categories that you can also click on
                    > such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up
                    > more
                    > of their patterns.
                    >
                    > Sheri F.
                    >
                    > --- bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
                    > > Linda G
                    > > --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
                    > > "bighearts29485"
                    > > <bighearts29485@...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hello!
                    > > >
                    > > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
                    > > can try Bev's
                    > > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
                    > > knitting and crochet
                    > > > patterns.
                    > > >
                    > > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
                    > > pattern and make
                    > > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it
                    > for
                    > > an adult size
                    > > > lapghan.
                    > > >
                    > > > I hope this helps.
                    > > >
                    > > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
                    > > "bluhollo"
                    > > > <lingoss@> wrote:
                    > > > >
                    > > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I
                    > am
                    > > delighted to
                    > > find a
                    > > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time
                    > to
                    > > do a big afghan,
                    > > so
                    > > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
                    > > there, and then
                    > > have
                    > > > > them used for something useful is great.
                    > > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
                    > > they are small
                    > > > afghans.
                    > > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
                    > > > >
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    >
                    >
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.