Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Re: Hi from a new member

  • Helen Swartz
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
      What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
      sure how large to make them?

      Thanks ,Helen
      --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you can
      > try Bev's
      > Country Cottage website. They have many free
      > knitting and crochet
      > patterns.
      >
      > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
      > pattern and make
      > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for an
      > adult size
      > lapghan.
      >
      > I hope this helps.
      >
      > Sheri F. from South Carolina
      >

      > -- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com,
      > "bluhollo"
      > <lingoss@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
      > delighted to find a
      > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do
      > a big afghan, so
      > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
      > there, and then have
      > > them used for something useful is great.
      > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
      > they are small
      > afghans.
      > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Sheri Frederick
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
        Hello!

        A good rule of thumb in size for lapghans is:

        Small 14 X 21, Medium 20 X 26 and Adult Size 26 X 32.

        These sizes seem to work the best especially for those
        in wheelchairs. The lapghans do not get caught up in
        moving parts of the wheelchair and do not always need
        tucking in like full size afghans do.

        Sheri F.

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
            As long as they can cover their legs up while sitting in a wheel chair we can use them.
                                                              Roxanne

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
              Thank You for posting these sizes. I was not sure exactly of mesurements since I usially do what looks the right size. i am sort of a not by the book crocheter and knitter so don't know how to give exact measurements.
                                                                 Roxanne

              --- Helen Swartz <helenswartz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > What are the dimentions of your laphans,I am never
              > sure how large to make them?
              >
              > Thanks ,Helen
              > --- bighearts29485 <bighearts29485@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              >
              > > Hello!
              > >
              > > If you are looking for patterns for lapghans you
              > can
              > > try Bev's
              > > Country Cottage website. They have many free
              > > knitting and crochet
              > > patterns.
              > >
              > > I make many lapghans and will take a baby afghan
              > > pattern and make
              > > that for a lapghan or add more stitches to it for
              > an
              > > adult size
              > > lapghan.
              > >
              > > I hope this helps.
              > >
              > > Sheri F. from South Carolina
              > >

              > > -- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com,
              > > "bluhollo"
              > > <lingoss@... > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
              > > delighted to find a
              > > > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to
              > do
              > > a big afghan, so
              > > > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and
              > > there, and then have
              > > > them used for something useful is great.
              > > > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume
              > > they are small
              > > afghans.
              > > > Does anyone have link to a pattern?

              > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

            • bluhollo
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                Thanks for pointer to Bev's. I will check it out.
                Linda G
                --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "bighearts29485"

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                  I am in Mifflin County, about 20 minutes from Penn State.
                  I have a few friends who knit and crochet, so I will be passing on
                  this group to them, or will include their contributions with mine.

                  Linda
                  --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne weaver
                  <soldierscharitysisters@...> wrote:

                  > Welcome to our group. So where in Central pa are you? I am also in
                  there and am in Northumberland County. It is nice to have new
                  members that want to join us. As I have said as long as we have
                  people that wish to donate we will continue our efforts here. Pass
                  the word on to any friends that knit or crochet because these boys
                  really do appreciate it.

                  Roxanne

                  > bluhollo <lingoss@...> wrote:
                  > HI all. I am a new member from central Pa. I am
                  delighted to find a
                  > way to contribute. I dont have a lot of time to do a big afghan,
                  so
                  > being able to crochet or knit blocks here and there, and then have
                  > them used for something useful is great.
                  > I am also interested in the lapghans? I assume they are small
                  afghans.
                  > Does anyone have link to a pattern?
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------

                • Sheri Frederick
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                    Hello!

                    I think you will really like the Bev's Country
                    Cottgage Website. At the bottom of their website there
                    are different categories that you can also click on
                    such as afghans, winter, etc. that will bring up more
                    of their patterns.

                    Sheri F.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                      OOPS! I spelled Cottage wrong in the last email.

                      Here is another wonderful website with free knitting
                      and crochet patterns. It's called Yarn Lovers Room.
                      They have patterns for afghans, lapghans, baby items,
                      etc.

                      Sheri F.