Re: [soldierscharitysisters] Digest Number 76

  • PEGGY DRAKE
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2008
      I've seen some very inexpensive used afghans in good condition at my parents' retirement community gift shop.  Would they be welcomed??

      Peggy

      == For another example, I found a mint condition baby afghan for $4.50 at a church yard sale (of large enough size for an adult to use).

      soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      Message

      1.

      Is Everyone crocheting or knitting to keep warm

      Posted by: "soldierscharitysisters" soldierscharitysisters@...   soldierscharitysisters

      Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 pm (PST)

      I sure hope so. We need to get all the afghans etc... we can to these
      soldiers. It has been so cold lately they could really enjoy them.
      Anyhow I will try to check in at least twice a week. I really have a
      hard term to get through at school with alot of medical classes. I
      will get together with Lucinda and see if we can work it out that one
      of us checks in at least every other day.
      The afghans are still coming in and we are already over 150
      delivered. I want to see this group grow so invite your friends to
      join us. This is such a worth while cause. Most of the injured at
      Walter Reed are missing limbs and are there for many months so a touch
      of home is always welcome.
      Roxanne

      Share Photos
      photos and
      more online.
      Check out the
      Stay up to speed
      on all things Groups!
      How-To Zone
      Discuss home and
      garden projects.
      Need to Reply?

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 7:51 AM
        Of course they would be welcome. We are trying to cover all the soldiers there so any little thing helps

        PEGGY DRAKE <pldrake@...> wrote:
        I've seen some very inexpensive used afghans in good condition at my parents' retirement community gift shop.  Would they be welcomed??

        Peggy

        == For another example, I found a mint condition baby afghan for $4.50 at a church yard sale (of large enough size for an adult to use).

        soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com wrote:

        Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

        1.
        Is Everyone crocheting or knitting to keep warm From: soldierscharitysist ers

        Posted by: "soldierscharitysis ters" soldierscharitysist ers@yahoo. com   soldierscharitysist ers