Thrilled to have found you.

  • janetdelfico
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
      Hi everyone! I was surfing the internet trying to find somewhere that
      I can donate blankets. I have so much yarn up in my closest, it seemed
      a waste not to do something good with it. I currently have a friend in
      IRAQ that I send goodies to but to help the injured would be
      wonderful. I was wondering exactly what you need. Completed blankets
      and squares, do I mail them to the addresses posted? Thanks for the
      information and I will start working on a blanket now.

      Thanks for your time and idea for starting this group.

      Janet
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
        Welcome Janet! We are also thrilled you have found us! The charity
        accepts the following items:

        "We will be collecting crocheted or knitted squares as well as
        completed items to be delivered to our wounded soldiers at Walter
        Reed in Washington DC.Completed items can be lapghans,afghans,prayer
        shawls or healing shawls,as well as other items that may bring a
        smile to a wounded soldiers face."

        You can mail your item(s) to the addresses listed in thess posts.
        There are three different addresses. Any of them will be fine.

        Please make sure to upload photos of your creations to our "Photos"
        section of this group. We love to see what everyone is working on!

        God Bless,
        Debbie

        --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, "janetdelfico"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2008
          ---All afghans come to the address' listed. We have the connections
          to get them delivered to the Hospital.
          Roxanne