Re: tags on afghans

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hi Karen -- Thanks so much for your input. It would be wonderful if
      we could get more input on this subject so we know where everyone
      stands. I think it's great that you want to put in your own addy. I
      also think it makes sense to verify the group.

      Thanks so much for the kudos...personally, I want to make sure this
      is a fun group!

      Let's get more input from the other group members on the tag issue.
      It's so much easier to make a decision when there's discussion about
      it :)

      Debbie

      --- In soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com, Karen Stradley
      <rugmaker47@...> wrote:

      > Dear Debbie:
      > I have been thinking and reading all the emails back and forth and
      I personally think this is a terrific group and that you are doing a
      wonderful thing, but I would like to put my own tag on my own stuff
      that I make and I would love to hear a personal thank you and the
      only reason that I say this is this verifies to me that the item that
      I made actually went where it was supposed to go. Not that I doubt
      any of you, but this lets me know that this group is definitely on
      the up and up and my items are going to the hospital. Just my 2
      cents worth. Karen

      Reed

      ______________
      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    • not_ever_home
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        I know I'm new to the group,but I also would like to be able to hear
        from the soldier who recieves the afghan...it to me keeps the personal
        touch to it,that the same hands that put love into making it wouldn't
        mind sending a note back to them to say that we are still thinking of
        them....Maybe it could be still optional for those who wouldn't mind
        writing back and those that want to stay anoymous can still stay
        anoymous.By the way I'm putting the final touches on my first afghan
        to be sent to you all,I originaly thought I would just start off with
        squares but it soon turned into a full fledged lap afghan. I'm just so
        happy that I found this group because for sometime I've wanted to do
        something for the troops but didn't know what til I found you all,Keep
        up the good work girls.Oh pardon my terrible spelling tonight,I'm kind
        of dragging after a along day of work.Wendy
      • Karen Stradley
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2007
          Everyone has been so quiet lately.  I will be sending my first afghan this week.  Hopefully it will find its
          way to you all.  I have tagged it individually and hopefully this is okay with everyone.
          I have another afghan almost finished hope to get them posted on the web site.  Have to get my
          husband to photograph them for me so I can put them on the site.
          Karen

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
            Hi Karen - I look forward to seeing your afghans! This is a quiet
            group but it seems we are getting things done :-)

            Keep up the good work,