      From: "soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com" <soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com>
      To: soldierscharitysisters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:29:16 AM
      Subject: [soldierscharitysisters] Digest Number 45

      Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

      1.
      Photo Challenge From: alexndria
      2.
      FREE PATTERNS From: alexndria
      3a.
      Re: Hello. From: alexndria
      4a.
      Re: also a newbie From: alexndria
      4b.
      Re: also a newbie From: Karen Stradley
      5a.
      Re: Soaring Prices at the Supermarket! From: alexndria

      Messages

      1.

      Photo Challenge

      Posted by: "alexndria" debbiesd@...   alexndria

      Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:14 am (PST)

      I know this may sound silly but I am creating a photo challege for
      all in this group who are donating any item - not just afghans and/or
      lapghans.

      Here's the challenge:

      Today I uploaded two lapghans pics. My challenge is that each person
      take pics of their work and post here so that we can all see the
      great work that is being done. Some may want to remain anonymous,
      and that's OK! but, if you are working on something, or have just
      finished a project, please snap a quick shot (or have someone else do
      it and help you if you need it) and post in the photo album I have
      created called "Donation Items"

      If, for some reason, you are unable to post in that album, create
      your own and put your pics in there.

      I would LOVE to see the other work that is being done for this great
      cause. I'm starting a new afghan today!

      Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless,
      Debbie
      South Dakota

      2.

      FREE PATTERNS

      Posted by: "alexndria" debbiesd@...   alexndria

      Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am (PST)

      Here is my favorite place to play around in...GREAT patterns for free!

      http://www.crochetp atterncentral. com/directory. php

      No sign up or registry...just go and look and print!

      Debbie
      South Dakota

      3a.

      Re: Hello.

      Posted by: "alexndria" debbiesd@...   alexndria

      Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:16 am (PST)

      --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com, "not_ever_home"
      <not_ever_home@ ...> wrote:

      > I meant to put Email addy....I don't want anyone thinking I'm sending
      > sad e-mails...LOL. .Wendy

      That's OK Wendy!! It just seemed sad that you work so hard :-) Hope
      you are enjoying some crochet time!

      Debbie

      4a.

      Re: also a newbie

      Posted by: "alexndria" debbiesd@...   alexndria

      Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:19 am (PST)

      --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com, "rugmaker47"
      <rugmaker47@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi! I am very excited to find this sight. I am a crocheter from
      Indiana
      > I would appreciate any info on where to send completed projects. I
      am
      > going to get started right away.... Thanks for a great website!

      Hello Rugmaker -- welcome to the group! What have you decided to start
      right away??? What are the colors? I just love crocheting and finding
      new, cool, easy patterns that look great...check out the free patterns
      link I posted and you'll find lots of ideas!

      Debbie

      4b.

      Re: also a newbie

      Posted by: "Karen Stradley" rugmaker47@...   rugmaker47

      Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 pm (PST)

      Debbie:
      I am making a granny square afghan with huge squares. I am using cotton thread right now and the colors are shrimp and a spring meadow color that has greens, yellows, reds and white. I thought someone might like the cotton as opposed to the worsted thread. I also have Christmas colors and will begin a zigzag pattern with the Christmas colors. Maybe get them sent to PA before the holiday might be a nice gift for
      someone.....
      By the way my name is Karen and I have been a crocheter since I was 9 years old and am now 47 and disabled and not able to do much but this I can do and hope to brighten someones day. I have arthritis in my hands and have to take frequent breaks but I forge ahead. I really think this is a great charity and I have been searching for something like this for a while.
      Thanks for the opportunity to give.

      http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs
      5a.

      Re: Soaring Prices at the Supermarket!

      Posted by: "alexndria" debbiesd@...   alexndria

      Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:21 am (PST)

      I'm looking forward to my coupon books coming in the mail. When I
      did a search for "scam" with the group that runs this offer, there
      was NOTHING that showed up. I was thrilled...I did a very thorough
      search too. So, I've ordered 2 books and waiting now to see how it
      works.

      Thanks so much for the link!
      Debbie
      South Dakota

      --- In soldierscharitysist ers@yahoogroups. com, "pattikrull"
      <pattykrull@ ...> wrote:

      > Re: Soaring Prices at the Supermarket!
      >
      > Recently someone reposted a news story about how grocery prices are
      > going to rise across the board to almost staggering levels. After
      > reading that I researched it myself and found hundreds of news
      reports
      > substantiating this story. I
      started to watch the prices at my
      local
      > supermarkets and sure enough almost everything has already gone up
      > between .40 to .80 per product. In fact I have found that my total
      > grocery bill has risen approximately 38 percent for the same
      products
      > and quantities that I purchased two months ago. So I took the
      previous
      > posters advice, I signed up for the sampler kit at
      > http://groceriesclu b.com and I must tell you that it has helped
      like
      > nothing else. Just yesterday I was able to buy $175.98 worth of
      > groceries and other products and it only cost me $22.13 thanks to
      this
      > wonderful program! I am so excited and happy I can barely type. I
      plan
      > on giving out gift certificates to this program as well. This
      couldn't
      > have come at a better time.
      >
      > Patty
      K.