Re: Sunscreen 3.2 on Sol9 kills TOS/Codepoint fields

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, "davidwkerr" <dpkerr@k...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > From what I can see on a Solaris 9 Router, Sunscreen zeroes the DS
      > Codepoint byte on ALL TCP headers! Does anyone know if Sunscreen can
      > be "told" not to do this?
      >
      > Failing that, does anyone know if IPFilter with NAT behaves just as
      > badly or does it leave the headers alone?
      >
      > I suspect that it is Dynamic NAT in Sunscreen which does the damage.
      >
      > Any other information would be welcomed.
      >
      > I suspect Sun would not change Sunscreen to behave properly if it is
      > going to be end-of-lifed, hence I hope IPFilter behaves.

      I like that firewall/NAT's that "behave properly. I'm not sure
      if it can be done with SunScreen and your right it will not
      be a candidate for update. Now there is funny guy named
      Darren Reed who usally hangs out on the mailing.unix.ipfilter
      list. Darren made reference to an announcement for version 4 of
      IPfilter on Solaris. You might want to bring up this specific
      question on that list. He might have a comment if it's
      properly working.

      By the way it might make a good discussion on how IPfilter's NAT
      fits into Solaris 10 fast sockets, N1 adn zones with the
      up and coming talk to the experts that was recently announced a few
      messages back. Much to think about.

      ---Bob
    • Penny & Dave Kerr
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Bob,

        Many thanks for that pointer re IPfilter on Solaris.

        Will follow it up.

        Cheers,

        Dave