Re: [solarisx86] The one-two punch from Sun

  • Alan DuBoff
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 9:18 PM
      On Thursday 01 April 2004 13:15, John D Groenveld wrote:
      > BTW are JDS components starting to go into Solaris Express releases?

      No. From what I hear they'll be seperate packages that are added on. I don't
      think you'll see any of them in SX.

      --

      Alan DuBoff
      Software Orchestration, Inc.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 9:36 PM
        John D Groenveld wrote:
        > BTW are JDS components starting to go into Solaris Express releases?

        Only Mozilla at this point. It's in one of the builds that may be
        released as Solaris Express 4/04.

        --
        -Alan Coopersmith- alan.coopersmith@...
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 12:12 AM
          --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, Alan Coopersmith
          <alan.coopersmith@s...> wrote:
          > John D Groenveld wrote:
          > > BTW are JDS components starting to go into Solaris Express releases?
          >
          > Only Mozilla at this point. It's in one of the builds that may be
          > released as Solaris Express 4/04.

          Question: Does any part of the JDS packages depend on OpenGL?

          ---Bob
        • Alan Coopersmith
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2 1:03 AM
            palowoda wrote:
            > Question: Does any part of the JDS packages depend on OpenGL?

            Beyond Java3D and some xscreensaver hacks that we don't ship on
            Solaris x86, nothing that I'm aware of that's currently in JDS
            depends on OpenGL, but I haven't looked that much.

            --
            -Alan Coopersmith- alan.coopersmith@...
          • Matthew Gardiner
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2 3:01 AM
              On 2/4/04 6:12 PM, "palowoda" <palowoda@...> wrote:

              > --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, Alan Coopersmith
              > <alan.coopersmith@s...> wrote:
              >> John D Groenveld wrote:
              >>> BTW are JDS components starting to go into Solaris Express releases?
              >>
              >> Only Mozilla at this point. It's in one of the builds that may be
              >> released as Solaris Express 4/04.
              >>

              > Question: Does any part of the JDS packages depend on OpenGL?

              I would say its deliver is soon; STSF is present in Solaris 9 04/04, all
              things being consistent, JDS for Solaris *should* be released at the same
              time as the next (possibly the after) revision of JDS (Linux Version ;) ),
              which should have moved over to STSF by that time.

              Matt
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2 10:53 AM
                In message <E1B9H4J-0001I3-00@...>, Alan DuBoff writes:
                >think you'll see any of them in SX.

                I've noticed some dtmail to Ximian Evolution migrations and I was curious
                if that might become ENS's corporate standard.

              • Alan DuBoff
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2 4:30 PM
                  On Friday 02 April 2004 10:53, John D Groenveld wrote:
                  > I've noticed some dtmail to Ximian Evolution migrations and I was curious
                  > if that might become ENS's corporate standard.

                  I don't know. I did help port Evolution once, but that was way back at
                  SunNetwork last year and since it's been ported by several other people. We
                  used Sun's Hydrogen plugin, not the Ximian plugin.