Re: [solarisx86] Haskell GHC

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2013
      In message <1372962111.94869.YahooMailNeo@...>, Aposto
      los Syropoulos writes:
      >>There was a discussion last week on the SmartOS list:
      >>
      >>http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/184463/2013/06/sort/time_rev/page/2/
      >>

      >I tried once to compile Haskell but then I realized that I need Haskell
      >to compile Haskell. I asked people at the mailing list and here is the
      >dialogue:
      >
      >http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/GHC-on-OpenIndiana-td5717614.html

      Some helpful hints in those B&C threads.
      The build/bootstrap process reminds me a bit of building gcc2
      with Sun Workshop compilers on Solaris 2.4 on a Intel Pentium
      except that Solaris was still a first class GNU platform.

      Christian Maeder's ghc-7.0.3 binary and this build.mk were sufficient
      to build a statically linked ghc 7.6 on Solaris 11.1.

      The PATH is important as GHC build system seems to get confused
      when the GNU bits are first.

      And GHC did not build with my gcc 4.8.1, but did with Oracle's
      pkg://solaris/developer/gcc-45@4.5.2.

      $ env PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/gnu/bin:/opt/ghc/bin \
      SHELL=/bin/bash ./configure --prefix=/opt/ghc

      $ cat mk/build.mk
      SHELL = /bin/bash
      CC = /usr/bin/gcc
      LD = /usr/bin/ld