More new Java updates ...

  • Stuart Biggar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
      For those running Solaris 10 and below, PCA shows new Java updates
      for java 5, 6, and 7 (Update 17). Java 7 Update 17 is now current for
      Windows and Mac also. Nothing so far for Solaris 11 through "pkg update"
      although the Oracle security alert email states that the new fixes are only
      for the web browser bugs so don't affect servers :-)

      What about the few of us running SunRay on Solaris servers that offer up
      browsers? Maybe that is one of the reasons SunRay isn't yet offered on
      Solaris 11(.1)?

      Stuart
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
        In message <E452CD91-D880-4390-A312-0FBDAA91E0CA@...>, Stuart Bi
        ggar writes:
        >For those running Solaris 10 and below, PCA shows new Java updates
        >for java 5, 6, and 7 (Update 17). Java 7 Update 17 is now current for
        >Windows and Mac also. Nothing so far for Solaris 11 through "pkg update"
        >although the Oracle security alert email states that the new fixes are only
        >for the web browser bugs so don't affect servers :-)

        We'll see if these bugids make the next S11.1 SRU:
        16203630 improve image handling
        16270439 improve color conversion

        >What about the few of us running SunRay on Solaris servers that offer up
        >browsers? Maybe that is one of the reasons SunRay isn't yet offered on
        >Solaris 11(.1)?

        How few? Too few!

      • Alan Pae
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
          I upgraded by just downloading the file from java.com and sticking into
          a directory that Firefox points to.

          Done.

          alan
        • Alan Coopersmith
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
            On 03/ 5/13 08:52 AM, John D Groenveld wrote:
            > In message <E452CD91-D880-4390-A312-0FBDAA91E0CA@...>, Stuart Bi
            > ggar writes:
            >> For those running Solaris 10 and below, PCA shows new Java updates
            >> for java 5, 6, and 7 (Update 17). Java 7 Update 17 is now current for
            >> Windows and Mac also. Nothing so far for Solaris 11 through "pkg update"
            >> although the Oracle security alert email states that the new fixes are only
            >> for the web browser bugs so don't affect servers :-)
            >
            > We'll see if these bugids make the next S11.1 SRU:

            Java 7 Update 17 & Java 6 Update 43 should be available now in SRU 4.6.
            https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=1535043.1

            --
            -Alan Coopersmith- alan.coopersmith@...