Re: [solarisx86] Java 7 update 13

    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 4, 2013
      In message <B4E4D7C7-298C-4CA9-8062-251872A344FB@...>, Glynn Foster writ
      es:
      >That's absolutely our priority, but it's going to take a bit of time. Many of
      >the Oracle products are obviously still providing support for Oracle Solaris 1
      >0 as well, and supporting two package formats is a bit of a hurdle. We'll get
      >there though - there's huge advantages in having the entire stack in IPS.

      Consolidations of the dependencies for the RDBMS, BEA Weblogic
      and Primavera PLM would be a time saver even without the packages
      and require no support from those stove-pipes.

      Hunting down the libraries required to run the Java runInstaller
      for Tom Kurian and company's RDBMS with pkg search was a PIA.
      Not so much that I raced out to call a sales critter and order a
      low-volume, high-margin Exadata mainframe appliance, but enough
      to bang my head against Microstupid's SQLServer and remember
      that being bent over a barrel is no way to go thru life.

      BTW where's the VirtualBox IPS package?
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 19, 2013
        In message <823216AA177D7D44AB431E36B09FB63B13F6ADB9@...>,
        Stuart Biggar writes:
        >As of today (19 Feb), it appears that the JRE has been further updated to Upda
        >te
        >15 but the JDK is still at Update 13. I found that running the "Verify Java v

        BTW Martin Paul's PCA reports these patches for S10:
        118668 41 < 42 RS- 2 JavaSE 5.0_x86: update 40 patch (equivalent to JDK 5.0u40)
        118669 41 < 42 RS- 2 JavaSE 5.0_x86: update 40 patch (equivalent to JDK 5.0u40), 64bit
        125138 42 < 44 RS- 2 JavaSE 6_x86: update 41 patch (equivalent to JDK 6u41)
        125139 42 < 44 RS- 2 JavaSE 6_x86: update 41 patch (equivalent to JDK 6u41), 64bit
        147694 13 < 15 RS- 1 JavaSE 7_x86: update 15 patch (equivalent to JDK 7u15)
        147695 13 < 15 RS- 1 JavaSE 7_x86: update 15 patch (equivalent to JDK 7u15), 64bit