Re: NV error Ultra 40/Solaris 11.1

  • pcsol1996
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
      --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, John Martin <john.m.martin@...> wrote:

      > Follow the instructions at:
      >
      > http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+x_win/NvidiaInstallation

      Thanks very much!
    • pcsol1996
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
        --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, John Martin <john.m.martin@...> wrote:

        > On 12/12/12 13:40, pcsol1996 wrote:
        >
        > > John, thanks for the quick reply. I have a Quadro FX 3500 (came with
        > > machine). I downloaded the latest Quadro FX 3500 from
        > > nvidia..NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-304.64.run.
        >
        > Quadro FX 3500 is one of the boards moved to legacy support
        > starting with the R310 driver. You will need to stick with
        > the R304 legacy driver branch for this system.
        >

        > > However when I try to install it,
        > > it will not install as it still uses the old packaging system:
        > >
        > > pkgrm: ERROR: unable to change current working directory to
        > > </var/sadm/pkg/NVDAgraphics/install>
        > >
        > > Removal of <NVDAgraphics> failed (internal error).
        > > No changes were made to the system.
        > > ERROR: Cannot uninstall the already installed package NVDAgraphics
        > >
        > > What's the workaround for being able to install this driver on Solaris 11+?
        >
        > Follow the instructions at:
        >
        > http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+x_win/NvidiaInstallation

        Well I successfully installed the latest 304 driver with those instructions. Now I am getting a slightly different error (I verified that I am indeed running the 304 driver)

        Dec 12 20:56:44 xxxxx nvidia: [ID 702911 kern.notice] NOTICE: NVRM: nv_segmap: ddi_devmap_segmap() failed (6)
        Dec 12 20:59:37 xxxxx last message repeated 11 times

        Unlike last time, CPU usage with Xorg is not high..
      • John Martin
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
          On 12/12/12 16:08, pcsol1996 wrote:

          > Well I successfully installed the latest 304 driver with those
          > instructions. Now I am getting a slightly different error (I verified
          > that I am indeed running the 304 driver)
          >
          > Dec 12 20:56:44 xxxxx nvidia: [ID 702911 kern.notice] NOTICE: NVRM:
          > nv_segmap: ddi_devmap_segmap() failed (6)
          > Dec 12 20:59:37 xxxxx last message repeated 11 times
          >
          > Unlike last time, CPU usage with Xorg is not high..

          The CPU usage was the only error.

          The message is just a notice (CE_NOTE), not an error. It is
          safe to ignore. For most cards, the notice will go away
          with the updated driver.
        • pcsol1996
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 12, 2012
            --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, John Martin <john.m.martin@...> wrote:

            > On 12/12/12 16:08, pcsol1996 wrote:
            >
            > > Well I successfully installed the latest 304 driver with those
            > > instructions. Now I am getting a slightly different error (I verified
            > > that I am indeed running the 304 driver)
            > >
            > > Dec 12 20:56:44 xxxxx nvidia: [ID 702911 kern.notice] NOTICE: NVRM:
            > > nv_segmap: ddi_devmap_segmap() failed (6)
            > > Dec 12 20:59:37 xxxxx last message repeated 11 times
            > >
            > > Unlike last time, CPU usage with Xorg is not high..
            >
            > The CPU usage was the only error.
            >
            > The message is just a notice (CE_NOTE), not an error. It is
            > safe to ignore. For most cards, the notice will go away
            > with the updated driver.

            Doh..yeah it does say NOTICE. Aargh.. Thanks a bunch!