Re: Solaris 11 webcast

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
      --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, John D Groenveld <jdg117@...> wrote:

      > In message <201206191852.q5JIqEi6026539@...>, John D Groenveld wr
      > ites:
      > >I will do the same when I next ask for a quote for a Keith Block,
      > >Anje Dodson and company "pigwith lipstick".
      >
      > Arik Hesseldahl tries to get Mark Hurd to clarify which of John Fowler
      > and company's systems "baaaalllllooooooows":
      > <URL:http://allthingsd.com/20120627/a-dozen-questions-for-oracle-
      > | product that we bring to the customer that merely passes through our
      > | distribution channels and passes through our books, we don.t think
      > | we add a lot of value to that. We continue to do it mainly, though
      > | with less emphasis, because the customer has asked us to do it.

      I had to think about this Hurd statement for a little while. The only thing I can come up with is that it is the most eloquent way of flipping the royal bird to ones own customers that I've ever seen.

      Is TI making a boat load of money on T4 now? Hope it's not the next Itanic.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
        In message <jss27s+msde@...>, "palowoda" writes:
        > I had to think about this Hurd statement for a little while. The only thing I
        > can come up with is that it is the most eloquent way of flipping the royal bi
        >rd to ones own customers that I've ever seen.

        Honesty is under-rated.
        If you're a customer, you already know he's got you over a barrel:
        <URL:http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2009-09-09/oracle-has-customers-over-a-barrel>

        > Is TI making a boat load of money on T4 now? Hope it's not the next Itanic.

        How soon before Solaris is EOLd along with the entire Sun Fire server line?

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
          In message <201207022059.q62KxxAX021963@...>, John D Groenveld wr
          ites:
          >How soon before Solaris is EOLd along with the entire Sun Fire server line?

          2014?
          See Chris Mellor's projections on when Mark Hurd and company
          shrink the business in John Fowler and company's volume Solaris
          systems below the Ed Zander-esque high-margin, low-volume Exa
          appliances:
          <URL:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/20/oracle_sun_revenues/>

          How does Scott McNealy get around the Bay without former SUNW
          shareholders pelting him with rotten tomatos?
          Deal of the century!