Re: [solarisx86] SYNCHRONIZE CACHE command failed (5)

  • Daniel J. Priem
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2012
      Hi Dave,

      Yes.

      I ve seen this a lot of time on system with SATA drives behind an
      expander.followed by Disconnected command timeout...
      Ive never solved this issue.
      i replaced(removed) all expander setups and switched to native sas
      connections on all my server.
      no more problems.
      check also smart data on the affected drive.

      paste -d= <(iostat -x | awk '{print $1}') <(iostat -nx | awk '{print "/dev/dsk/"$11}')

      will give you the device to path name for

      /opt/csw/sbin/smartctl -a /dev/rdsk/$MYDEVICE

      Best Regards
      Daniel