how to add a driver to S10 pxe jumpstart server

  • Phil Savoie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
      Hello,

      I have a Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon Optima 88E8059 in a laptop
      and found that if I manually load the myk driver from
      http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/, it works.

      I have googled how to do this but this is not a pkg to add so I am at a
      loss as to how to add this to the miniroot so I can load my laptop
      through jumpstart. Am I correct in my assumption that this is all I
      need do to have the driver recognized and loaded for use after jumpstart
      completes?

      Would anyone know how I can accomplish this either through url pointers
      or a step by step tutorial?

      Thanks in advance for any help received,

      Phil
    • John Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
        you have to unroll the miniroot, and reroll it back. It's the same process
        as patching a miniroot, but you'll have to put the driver into the miniroot
        file system yourself (driver aliases, etc).

        IIRC, there used to be some instructions to adding the CPQary driver
        to a miniroot prior to it being included in Solaris 10. that's what I used
        to do my pre-boot environment for miniroots.

        HTH

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
          In message <CAKve2JETnirFS+DRMg6Lpn6uCsCHWDwRv9e8PGR4-w2Pjam3xg@...>
          , John Taylor writes:
          >you have to unroll the miniroot, and reroll it back. It's the same process
          >as patching a miniroot, but you'll have to put the driver into the miniroot
          >file system yourself (driver aliases, etc).
          >
          >IIRC, there used to be some instructions to adding the CPQary driver
          >to a miniroot prior to it being included in Solaris 10. that's what I used
          >to do my pre-boot environment for miniroots.

          I used Brian Dowdy and James Liu's recipe the last time
          I had to set up a custom miniroot:
          <URL:http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/hcl/drivers/device_driver_install.html>