Oracle 11g on Solaris 5.11

  • joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2011
      Is there a 32bit floating around???
      Cant seem to find it on the downloads?
      Appreciate any info..
      TIA

    • chris baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        Both versions of Oracle Solaris 11 are 64 bit kernels only. They will
        seamlessly run 32 bit apps. This has been true for SPARC for many
        years and the x86 server market is exclusively 64 bit now so it makes
        no sense to continue building and productising a 32 bit kernel too.

        Rgds

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
          In message <1317442239.9151.1.camel@elmer>, joe writes:
          >Is there a 32bit floating around???
          >Cant seem to find it on the downloads?
          >Appreciate any info..

          Looking at eDelivery and Chuck Rozwat and company's
          certification tool on MOS, 10Gr2 is terminal 32-bit release.
          I vaguely recall seeing a 32-bit RDBMS 11.1, but if so,
          its gone down the memory hole.