Re: [solarisx86] Marvell 88E8059

  • Apostolos Syropoulos
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2011
      A friend told me about the following, please have a look

      https://www.illumos.org/issues/37

      a.s.
      ----------------------
      Apostolos Syropoulos
      Xanthi, Greece
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2011
        On 04/30/11 02:31 PM, Phil Savoie wrote:
        > I have a samsung R480-i5-430 which has subj wired ethernet card. This
        > card card has a PCI ID of 11ab,4381. OpenIndiana fails to install as it
        > crashes on booting of the live CD shortly after the kernel splash
        > screen. Solaris 10 update 9 loads but no network. Been to nifty and
        > marvell but no joy. I have also spent a fair bit of google time but
        > either I am blind or just not looking in the right places.
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas as to where drivers could be hiding, or am I just
        > out of luck with this chipset?

        I'm afraid you're out of luck at this point, but you might try to
        contact Marvell. I've done so in the past, and they did answer (though
        it was negative in my case).

        Also, very much hanging out on a limb here, you might try to attach the
        sk98sol driver. I have never tried it myself, but IIRC, it worked on
        some Marvell chipsets as that was what later SysKonnect cards used.