Re: Firefox 3.5.1 on Solaris 10?

  • Rodney Sparapani
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2009
      Rodney Sparapani wrote:
      > Hi John:
      >
      > I have done that as far as I can tell. I'm now trying 3.5.2 and getting
      > something similar. Here is the output from dtrace:
      >
      > godzilla ~ # dtrace -c firefox -Z -v
      >
      > (Gecko:19435): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
      > Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
      > specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.dtrace: pid
      > 19412 has exited
      >
      > Anyone have an idea? Thanks

      Boy these multi-package packages are really annoying to remove and
      install. But, I figured out how to remove them easily:

      #!/bin/sh
      # remove packages by reference to package file name(s)

      if [ $# -eq 0 -o "$1" = "-h" -o "$1" = "-help" -o "$1" = "--help" ]
      then
      echo "usage: rmpkg [-h|-help|--help] FILE1 [FILE2] ..."
      echo " -h|-help|--help print this help"
      echo " FILE1, FILE2, ... package filenames"
      else for i in $@
      do
      if file "$i" | grep "package datastream" > /dev/null
      then yes | pkgrm `pkginfo -d "$i" | cut -c13-23`
      fi
      done
      fi

      There must be a trick to installing as well.

      --
      Rodney Sparapani Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
      Sr. Biostatistician http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 18, 2009
        Rodney Sparapani wrote:
        > Rodney Sparapani wrote:
        >> Hi John:
        >>
        >> I have done that as far as I can tell. I'm now trying 3.5.2 and getting
        >> something similar. Here is the output from dtrace:
        >>
        >> godzilla ~ # dtrace -c firefox -Z -v
        >>
        >> (Gecko:19435): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
        >> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
        >> specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.dtrace: pid
        >> 19412 has exited
        >>
        >> Anyone have an idea? Thanks

        Same thing with 3.5.3. Although, I have improved rmpkg

        if [ $# -eq 0 -o "$1" = "-h" -o "$1" = "-help" -o "$1" = "--help" ]
        then
        echo "usage: rmpkg [-h|-help|--help] FILE1 [FILE2] ..."
        echo " -h|-help|--help print this help"
        echo " FILE1, FILE2, ... package files or directories"
        else for i in $@
        do
        if file "$i" | egrep "(directory|package datastream)" > /dev/null
        then
        for j in `pkginfo -d "$i" | nawk '{print $2}' | xargs echo`
        do
        if pkginfo $j > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
        then yes | pkgrm $j
        fi
        done
        fi
        done
        fi

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 29, 2009
          Rodney Sparapani wrote:
          >>> Hi John:
          >>>
          >>> I have done that as far as I can tell. I'm now trying 3.5.2 and getting
          >>> something similar. Here is the output from dtrace:
          >>>
          >>> godzilla ~ # dtrace -c firefox -Z -v
          >>>
          >>> (Gecko:19435): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
          >>> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
          >>> specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.dtrace: pid
          >>> 19412 has exited
          >>>
          >>> Anyone have an idea? Thanks

          This is really strange. I'm getting the same thing with 3.5.4 also.
          Any ideas? I did file a bug with firefox which I managed to associate
          with the Sun Accesability/Desktop/whatever it is called. But, I've
          only had one hint and it didn't help. Should I file a bug with Sun?

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
            On 10/29/09 09:08 AM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:

            > This is really strange. I'm getting the same thing with 3.5.4 also.
            > Any ideas? I did file a bug with firefox which I managed to associate
            > with the Sun Accesability/Desktop/whatever it is called. But, I've
            > only had one hint and it didn't help. Should I file a bug with Sun?

            Yes!!! I figured it out, but it is bizarre IMHO. So, what I had
            been doing is removing firefox and all of the fcs packages: atk, cairo,
            etc. But, this time, I only removed SFWfirefox (keeping the fcs
            packages that came with 3.0.x) and just installed SFWfirefox v. 3.5.4.
            And that does the trick. But, what is wrong with the fcs packages that
            come with 3.5.x?

            Anyways, I made a few improvements to rmpkg:

            if [ $# -eq 0 -o "$1" = "-h" -o "$1" = "-help" -o "$1" = "--help" ]
            then
            echo "usage: rmpkg [-h|-help|--help] PKG1 [PKG2] ..."
            echo " -h|-help|--help print this help"
            echo " PKG1, PKG2, ... package names, files or
            directories"
            else for i in $@
            do
            if pkginfo $i > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
            then yes | pkgrm $i
            elif file "$i" | egrep "(directory|package datastream)" > /dev/null