Re: [solarisx86] Re: GNU/Linux distortions

  • Dagobert Michelsen
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 3, 2009
      Hi Rodney,

      Am 03.06.2009 um 18:13 schrieb Rodney Sparapani:
      > Having fought with these on Solaris and OS X for years, I admit that I
      > don't like them. However, there must be some sort of general
      > prescription to making these work since we have SFW and CSW packages
      > created, presumably, from the original source. Can't we just post
      > these tricks to a Solaris Wiki some where. For OS X, there are
      > (or were, I haven't looked recently) web sources that give common
      > fixes. One of them had to do with bash and libtool. Are they
      > out there already for Solaris/OpenSolaris?

      Yes. The build descriptions for a lot of the CSW packages is publicly
      available at <http://gar.opencsw.org>. If a description is not available
      yet this is because it is a legacy package and work is being done to
      make it publicly available.

      You can browse the package descriptions immediately at
      <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg>

      If you have trouble compiling stuff not on the list please consider
      either asking on users@ or even better become a maintainer and get
      help from the people who did all the other 1600+ packages at
      <https://lists.opencsw.org/mailman/listinfo>

      Best regards

      -- Dago