Re: [solarisx86] [solved?] Network stops working, but packets still going in and out

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
      After a lot of googling around, I might have found the cause of the
      problem. It seems there's a bug in the firmware of one of the two
      Marvell NIC's on my M/B, see a similar issue described there:

      http://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2007/05/15/28

      I found the Marvell firmware update and tool on the Gigabyte website,
      and used it without any problem on my Asus board. It went from rev 12 to
      rev 14. Since then, I haven't had those symptoms (but I had the drive
      failure and subsequent panics that hampered my testing :-/ )

      The only thing I'm not sure about is that the NIC I updated is not the
      one I was using (two different Yukons on that M/B, a 8052 and a 8056, I
      was using the 8052, and I updated the 8056).

      But since they're both using the same driver, it doesn't seem so far
      fetched.

      Well, I hope that if anybody else has trouble with a Yukon chip, it can
      help.

      Laurent

      --
      / Leader de Projet & Communauté | I'm working, but not speaking for
      \ G11N http://fr.opensolaris.org | Bull Services http://www.bull.com