Blastwave

  • javajoe
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Im assuming that when I do pkg-get to update or get
      that I am really hitting blastwave? Correct me if this
      is not what is happening. Will the procedure for getting
      packages still be to use pkg-get?
      regards,
      joe
    • Paul Gress
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
        javajoe wrote:
        > Im assuming that when I do pkg-get to update or get
        > that I am really hitting blastwave? Correct me if this
        > is not what is happening. Will the procedure for getting
        > packages still be to use pkg-get?
        > regards,
        > joe
        >
        > ------------------------------------

        Blastwave mirrors are referenced in:

        http://www.blastwave.org/mirrors.php

        You have to scroll down to the bottom, just above GPG public key.
        Blastwave is supposedly supporting Solaris 10, SXCE and OpenSolaris. It
        appears that under the first mirror site
        (http://blastwave.network.com/csw/) there still are packages for Solaris
        8 - 9 - 10 & 11.

        The other site, Opencsw is suppose to be a continuation of the previous
        Blastwave. Their mirrors are specified at:

        http://www.opencsw.org/mirrors

        They are supposedly only supporting Solaris 8 - 9 & 10. But it also
        appears to have packages for Solaris 8 - 9 - 10 & 11.

        So depending on which site you plan on using, change your pkg.conf file
        to point to a correct mirror.

        My opinion, they will start to fork into their intended packages.
        Blastwave may change their package location as not to conflict with
        Opencsw package location (/opt/csw/...). There is some discussion on
        Blastwaves developer list, but nothing has been announced formally, so
        my opinion is subject to change.

        Paul