Murdock was Re: New Solaris Patches available at riddleware.com 20070308

  • pcsol1996
    Message 1 of 83 , Apr 1 9:53 AM
      --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, John Weekley <weekleyj@...> wrote:

      > > I have compiled many of these "garbage" that include mplayer,
      transcoder,
      > > MKVToolnix, LibSDL-1.2.11, mjpeg-tools-1.9, FontForge, libdvdread-
      0.9.7,
      > > libdvdcss, lame, SoX, blender, dvd95, etc. With all these garbage
      I can view videos,
      > > DVDs, transform FLV files to avi files so friends can easily view
      videos, rip from
      > > our CDs songs that are can transform to mp3 files so I can
      listen to them , etc.
      > > And yes all of these garbage install under /opt/gnu! Anybody
      interested?
      > > A.S.
      Not garbage at all. Your mplayer will play all modern wmv files,
      blastwaves won't. I just don't want to see core Solaris become just
      like Linux. Work like you do is invaluable (as is the work at
      Blastwave and elsewhere). Thanks a bunch!
    • Marc Lobelle
      Message 83 of 83 , Apr 4 1:06 AM
        Shaw, Kevin wrote:
        > I've used a few cans of freeze mist, and I've also used an air
        > compressor to keep the drive cool enough to recover my data.
        > Cheezy, but it worked.

        Finally I was able to recover most of the contents by connecting the
        disk to an usb adaptor, placing the disk in a sealed antistatic pack
        with a bag of cristals to keep it dry, in the deepfreezer with the
        cables connected to my notebook out of the deepfreezer and rsyncing it
        directory by directory so that it had time to cool down between 2 transfers.

        Thanks for all the advices I got

        Marc