Re: [solarisx86] cdrecord 2.01.01a11 and DL DVD-R media

  • Russell Aspinwall
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      Mike Riley wrote:
      > Russell Aspinwall wrote:
      >
      >> Pioneer DVR-109 v1.58 firmware (latest)
      >> Verbatim Dual Layer DVD-R 8.5GB media
      >> mkisofs to create ISO image and cdrecord 2.01.01a11 to write the disk.
      >>
      >> The Pioneer Drive is connected to the SCSI bus via an Acard SCSI/IDE
      >> bridge (also running the latest firmware)
      >>
      >> I thought it was a size issue until last night. I tried writing an
      >> archive of family digital photos (past 7 years) which resulted in a
      >> 5.7GB iso image
      >> which succeed until cdrecord identified the Fixating time and then it
      >> generated this error. I thought it might be that I used the -eject
      >> option but it happens even if this option is used. I have not had any
      >> problems writing CDs or DVD-R/RW for a while, so I was not expecting
      >> problems writing the DL DVD-R.
      >>
      >> cdrecord: I/O error. prevent/allow medium removal: scsi sendcmd: no error
      >> CDB: 1E 00 00 00 00 00
      >> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
      >> Sense Bytes: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 00 00
      >> Sense Key: 0x2 Not Ready, Segment 0
      >> Sense Code: 0x04 Qual 0x01 (logical unit is in process of becoming
      >> ready) Fru 0x0
      >> Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
      >>

      > I have the same drive, but not the latest firmware. In my case it is on the
      > IDE cable. Not the version of cdrecord, too:
      >
      > video:/var/tmp/cdrtools-2.01.01/cdrecord/OBJ/i386-sunos5-cc
      > # ./cdrecord -atip dev=2,1,0
      > Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01.01a11 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C)
      > 1995-2006 Jörg Schilling
      > scsidev: '2,1,0'
      > scsibus: 2 target: 1 lun: 0
      > Warning: Using USCSI interface.
      > Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
      > Device type : Removable CD-ROM
      > Version : 0
      > Response Format: 2
      > Capabilities :
      > Vendor_info : 'PIONEER '
      > Identifikation : 'DVD-RW DVR-109 '
      > Revision : '1.17'
      > Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
      > Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
      > Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
      > Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
      > ./cdrecord: I/O error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: no error
      > CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
      > status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
      > Sense Bytes: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 3A 00 00 00 00 00
      > Sense Key: 0x2 Not Ready, Segment 0
      > Sense Code: 0x3A Qual 0x00 (medium not present) Fru 0x0
      > Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
      > cmd finished after 0.005s timeout 40s
      > ./cdrecord: No disk / Wrong disk!
      >

      > Where did you get the newer firmware version? I had looked a while back and
      > could not find a version that would upgrade my drive. The one version I did
      > find said it found no drive to upgrade.

      Here is the link I used which should be applicable.
      http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/support/support/software.html
      > I seem to recall I use the SOA mode for burning on this drive. I also had a
      > heck of a time with media, as almost everything I found turned out to be
      > Ritek, which Joerg said to avoid like the plague.
      >
      > Mike
      >

      > Please check the Links page before posting:
      > Post message: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Regards

      Russell

      Email: russell dot aspinwall at flomerics dot co dot uk
      Network and Systems Administrator Flomerics Ltd
      Telephone: 020-8941-8810 x3116 81 Bridge Road
      Facsimile: 020-8941-8730 Hampton Court
      Surrey, KT8 9HH
      United Kingdom

      Flomerics Group plc, Registered Office 81 Bridge Road, Hampton Court, Surrey, KT8 9HH. Registered No. 2327348. This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Flomerics Group plc or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not copy, use, forward or disclose its contents to any other person ; please notify our Computer Service Desk on +44 (0)20 8487 3000 and destroy and delete the message and attachments from your system.

      For more information on Flomerics visit our web site at www.flomerics.com