S10U1 upgrade

  • paul.floyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1 5:32 AM
      Hi

      Happy New Year all round.

      I started to upgrade from S10 to S10U1 this morning. After
      lunch, it got to the first reboot. grub had my disks a bit
      wrong (they are out of order in the SCSI bios), but it was an
      easy fix to get it to boot off the hard disk.

      However, things didn't go much further.

      I got a message saying that snmp wasn't configured, and that
      was it (well, I gave up after about half an hour). ctrl-c got
      me to the login prompt (with a US keyboard layout), but no X
      and no continuation of the installation.

      I tried running /etc/rc2.d/_S99dtlogin by hand, but it printed
      the startup messages, got as far as the black and white
      patterned background and bombed back to the command line.

      Any ideas what might be wrong, and what to do to continue the
      install?

      A+
      Paul

      Jusqu'au 25 décembre, participez au grand jeu du Calendrier de l'Avent et
       gagnez tous les jours de nombreux lots, + de 300 cadeaux en jeu !
    • p_j_floyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1 8:31 AM
        --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, "paul\.floyd" <paul.floyd@l...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Happy New Year all round.
        >
        > I started to upgrade from S10 to S10U1 this morning. After
        > lunch, it got to the first reboot. grub had my disks a bit
        > wrong (they are out of order in the SCSI bios), but it was an
        > easy fix to get it to boot off the hard disk.
        >
        > However, things didn't go much further.

        A few more things.

        /var/sadm/webstart did not exist at all on reboot, so no wonder
        /etc/init.d/webstart couldn't progress much.

        I've fixed the keyboard and grub problems, and have managed to get X
        to start.

        In order to get things to progress as intended, I guess that I need to
        fix /var/sadm/webstart (e.g., to add bin/setupRoot). Is it possible to
        do this by hand?

        Plan B, I can mount CD 2 etc and run installer from the CD root
        directories.

        A+
        Paul