Re: [solarisx86] Re: wifi on solaris feels slow

  • Marc Lobelle
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      > Hi Marc,
      >
      > I don't remember anyone seeing this problem before with the ath
      > driver and CM9. I'm wondering if there is something on Intel's
      > motherboard which prevents it from working well with non-Centrino
      > wifi cards, but if Windows XP can deal with that, then Solaris
      > should also be able to. I think DTrace is the only way we can
      > diagnose this problem for you. I'll see if I can find a similar
      > laptop, replace its Centrino wifi card with CM9 and try to reproduce
      > your problem.

      Here is a little more info on this strange behaviour. I use a local window on
      the laptop and a remote one on another computer (trough the wifi). On the
      remote computer, when I do a ls -l, I get the response immediately or after 6
      to 8 seconds.

      On the local window, wificonfig -i ath0 getparam rates signal
      most of the time gives:
      rates: 11
      signal: 15
      signal was never below 9