Re: [solarisx86] This is embarassing

  • Russell Aspinwall
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 1, 2005
      pcsol1996 wrote:

      >This link is prominent on www.sun.com:
      >
      >http://www.sun.com/desktop/workstation/ultra3/index.xml..
      >
      >"Sun Ultra 3 Mobile Workstations deliver workstation class performance
      >anywhere you go."
      >
      >Our Windows people won't even support the many Dell laptops that we
      >have that are FASTER than this POC because they are old and out of
      >warranty.

      If the laptop was designed to permit CPU swap between
      UltraSPARC/Athlon64 via a plugin module, I could possibly see a market
      for it. Maybe if it could take a Niagara (8 core) with a battery life of
      3hrs it could succeed.
      Maybe Sun should fire their market research company?

      >Please check the Links page before posting:
      >Post message: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      >This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
      >For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

      Regards

      Russell
    • Glynn Foster
      Message 36 of 36 , Sep 18, 2005
        Hi,

        On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 20:49 +0300, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
        > I have managed to succesfully compile aMule and DVDStyler,
        > however,
        > when I try to close a tab or to load an image, both programs core dump
        > and the last message I get is exactly the same:
        >
        > (App_Name:Line_Number): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gsignal.c:
        > line
        > 1926: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
        >
        > Any idea what might be the problem?

        I think you'd probably want to get a back trace of the crash rather than
        relying on any error messages you see. Sure, the critical message above
        is *bad*, but may not actually be the cause of the crash.

        Load up your favourite debugger and see what you can get.

        Glynn