  • open sesami
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hi! I actually checked the status all of them. All status were "OK"
      after I did metasync.
      I waited till everything's changing to "OK".

      What does this problem?

      Best regards,
      Sesami

      Phillip B Bruce <pbbruce@...> wrote:
      open sesami wrote:
      > Hi, Mark;
      >
      > Thank you for your help all the time. I did "metasync d40" however,
      it is the same status after restarting the system. I have to do
      "metasync" whenever I reboot the system?

      > Best regards,
      > Sesami
      Seasami,

      do a metastat to check the status you should see something that
      show how far along the sync is taking to be completed. That is
      why it will remain needing maintenance until you see it in a
      completed
      state. Then it should be normal.

      This will happen offen if you break the mirror or stop it and when
      you restart it and the disk your mirror ever changes it will need
      metasync run on it again to get it back to a normal state.

      Phillip

      Please check the Links page before posting:
      Post message: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Please check the Links page before posting:
      Post message: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Apostolos Syropoulos
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
        Probably someone will be interested in using the Azureus BitTorrent
        client that is available from
        http://ocean1.ee.duth.gr/Solaris/Azureus_2.2.0.2_Solaris-x86.tar.bz2
        This is based on the Sparc version, where, of course, the Sparc
        binaries have been replaced with x86 binaries.

        All the best for the new year!

        A.S.

        *Apostolos Syropoulos *
        *snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00 Xanthi, HELLAS *
        *email : apostolo@... *
        *phone num.: +30-2541028704 *
        *home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo *
      • Phillip B Bruce
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
          open sesami wrote:
          > Hi! I actually checked the status all of them. All status were "OK"
          > after I did metasync.
          > I waited till everything's changing to "OK".
          >
          > What does this problem?
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Sesami
          Sesami,

          Not sure what you mean by your question but
          I think your asking why does this problem occur?

          Answer:

          This is probably your first time mirroring the system.
          Therefore you must allow it to sync up to the disk you
          are miroring. In your case your drive d41 needed to
          be in sync with d40 that is why we told you to perform
          the metasync d40 command.

          Since you rebooted the system, the disk (d41) were probably
          never in sync and this doesn't happen automatically and you
          needed to do that so it could be in sync and use the metstat
          command to monitor to completion state of your syncing the disks.

          If you do a reboot now you shouldn't run into this issue
          anymore.

          If you loose a drive all it would take basically is to
          run the metasync command again after you replace the disk.

          If this is system disk there a few extra steps you need to take
          before getting it to work. That is documented on docs.sun.com
          web site. Plus you can google for the solution as well.

          I hope this clarifies this a little more.

          Phillip
        • Bart Smaalders
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
            Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

            > Probably someone will be interested in using the Azureus BitTorrent
            > client that is available from
            > http://ocean1.ee.duth.gr/Solaris/Azureus_2.2.0.2_Solaris-x86.tar.bz2
            > This is based on the Sparc version, where, of course, the Sparc
            > binaries have been replaced with x86 binaries.
            >
            > All the best for the new year!
            >
            > A.S.

            > *Apostolos Syropoulos *
            > *snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00 Xanthi, HELLAS *
            > *email : apostolo@... *
            > *phone num.: +30-2541028704 *
            > *home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo *

            I'm experimenting with this; thanks! Any idea what's needed to
            get a gtk version working on Solaris x86?

            Thanks -

            - Bart
          • Apostolos Syropoulos
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
              On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Bart Smaalders wrote:

              > I'm experimenting with this; thanks! Any idea what's needed to
              > get a gtk version working on Solaris x86?

              You need a GTK version of eclipse. The 3.1M4-200412162000 version of
              eclipse has support for Solaris SPARC and GTK, thus, it is easy
              to have GTK version of eclipse. Now, to have GTK version of Azureus
              one should hack the Azureous Linux GTK version. I will try to
              see how it is possible to build a GTK version of Azureus.