Re: [solarisx86] keyboard issues

  • Mike Riley
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      > To: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com
      > From: Phillip B Bruce <pbbruce@...>
      > Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:26:09 -0700
      > Subject: [solarisx86] keyboard issues
      >

      > I have not tried any different keyboard settings just yet
      > but wonder if anyone with HP laptops regardless of models
      > has or did experience issues where they be typing along
      > say for example in using mozilla mail the cursor will jump
      > around on you. It is not that I'm hitting the laptop mouse
      > pad at that.
      >
      > Maybe I'll disable the pad and use a USB mouse and see
      > what happens.
      >
      > Anyone experience same senario?
      >
      > Phillip

      Yes, and it is why I have not yet migrated to using Mozilla or Netscape 7
      for my E-mail client. I still have it on Mozilla 1.7a, so it has not gone
      away as of then. However, I have not yet used it on the build 70 version.
      I am hoping someone within Sun has fixed this for the version bundled with
      Solaris.

      The bug seems to be that a left cursor moves to the correct position, but
      in the first line of the paragraph you are in. At least for the first time
      you use the left arrow. Right arrow might jump to the last line, not sure,
      since I mostly use the left arrow key. Up and down keys do not have any
      problems. This can also show up in filling out text boxes on a web page.

      I have no problem with the same versions on, ahem, other operating platforms
      shall we say?

      Mike