Audio

  • Shaw, Kevin
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
      All,

      Can someone point me to a guide on how to configure audio
      in Solaris? What devices to look for and how to test?

      TIA
      -Kevin

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
        All,

        Anyone have luck getting audio functional on a Asus
        A7M266-D system board?

        TIA
        -Kevin
      • Shaw, Kevin

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
            --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, "Shaw, Kevin" <Kevin.Shaw@c...> wrote:
            > Update: W2K says my Audio Device is a CMI8738/C3DX PCI
            >
            > -Kevin
            >

            > All,
            >
            > Anyone have luck getting audio functional on a Asus
            > A7M266-D system board?
            >
            > TIA
            > -Kevin

            Our Open Sound drivers support this device:
            http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi

            best regards
            Dev Mazumdar
          • Shaw, Kevin
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
              I'd hoped to find a solution that I wouldn't need to purchase.

              > Update: W2K says my Audio Device is a CMI8738/C3DX PCI
              >
              > -Kevin
              >

              > All,
              >
              > Anyone have luck getting audio functional on a Asus
              > A7M266-D system board?
              >
              > TIA
              > -Kevin

              Our Open Sound drivers support this device:
              http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi
              <http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi>

              best regards
              Dev Mazumdar

              Please check the Links page before posting:
              Post message: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129sslppj/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705006658:HM/EXP=1096774191/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
              anion.yahoo.com> click here

              :HM/A=2128215/rand=358051022>

              _____

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                --- In solarisx86@yahoogroups.com, "Shaw, Kevin" <Kevin.Shaw@c...> wrote:
                > I'd hoped to find a solution that I wouldn't need to purchase.

                OSS is free for non-commercial/home use - if you want support, you'll
                have to pay. The latest version of OSS doesn't time out. It's just
                that you'll have to download and reinstall OSS every 3 months.

                Other than that there are no restrictions.

                best regards
                Dev
              • Ramon Soto
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 7, 2006
                  Hi all,

                  I have a Compaq Laptop N evo 600 and when I had Windows loaded in it the sound was fine and now I do not have any sound; what I am trying to say is that I know that the speakers work, so I think is a matter of different drivers. How can I get it to work?

                  Thanks,

                  Ramon Soto
                  ramon_soto15@...

                  The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 7, 2006
                    try the latest drivers from www.opensound.com

                    Rgds

                    On 8/7/06, Ramon Soto <ramon_soto15@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > I have a Compaq Laptop N evo 600 and when I had Windows loaded in it the
                    > sound was fine and now I do not have any sound; what I am trying to say is
                    > that I know that the speakers work, so I think is a matter of different
                    > drivers. How can I get it to work?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >

                    > Ramon Soto
                    > ramon_soto15@...
                    >
                    > The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential.

                    > Please check the Links page before posting:
                    > Post message: solarisx86@yahoogroups.com
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Ramon Soto
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 7, 2006