Re: [solarisx86] Re: package database corruption on Solaris 10

  • Alan DuBoff
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      On Thursday 30 September 2004 13:46, Francois Dion wrote:
      > Not sure that this is the same issue. I had done the pkgadm revert, and,
      > like Jason, I've also been having problems installing tcl.

      There was a packaging problem on the early 60s builds where packages with a
      large size wouldn't install properly, but I can't remember the specifics. I'm
      not sure there was a workaround. It would break live upgrades also.

      --

      Alan DuBoff
      Software Orchestration
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        Alan DuBoff wrote:

        >On Thursday 30 September 2004 13:46, Francois Dion wrote:
        >

        >>Not sure that this is the same issue. I had done the pkgadm revert, and,
        >>like Jason, I've also been having problems installing tcl.
        >>

        >There was a packaging problem on the early 60s builds where packages with a
        >large size wouldn't install properly, but I can't remember the specifics. I'm
        >not sure there was a workaround. It would break live upgrades also.

        B63. That is the latest (only) Sol 10 available for download. pkgadm
        revert seems to work. On my laptop with Solaris 9 upgraded to Sol 10
        8/04 (b63) this worked without any issue, without having to do the
        pkgadm revert, since it uses the old way of storing the packages in that
        case.

        I figured out what the problem was in my case after looking into the
        script. Apparently the md5 complain was valid, it only downloaded a
        small fraction. Possibly an issue with that mirror. I switched mirror,
        then pkg-get -U, and finally pkg-get -i tcl and it went ok.

        Francois