Re: [solarisx86] ANN: New UNIX programming book

  • Stefan Teleman
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
      I just ordered it. :-)

      --Stefan

      -----

      --
      Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
      steleman@... -Monty Python
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
        On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Joao Coelho wrote:

        > just did so yesterday, i am waiting for the book to
        > arrive. I am looking forward to reading it and having
        > some fun with it.

        Many thanks; I'm sure you'll think it was worth the wait.

        --
        Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, author of "Solaris Systems Programming",
        published in August 2004.

        President,
        Rite Online Inc.

        Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
          On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Stefan Teleman wrote:

          > I just ordered it. :-)

          Thanks!

          --
          Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, author of "Solaris Systems Programming",
          published in August 2004.

          President,
          Rite Online Inc.

          Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
            >Hi all,
            >
            >Forgive my indulgence, but I am pleased to announce the
            >publication of my book, Solaris Systems Programming.
            >Despite the word "Solaris" in its title, my book is
            >suitable for programmers of any UNIX or UNIX-like
            >operating system. My vision of this book was one that
            >could be regarded as an updated and expanded version of
            >Rich Stevens' excellent Advanced Programming in the UNIX
            >Environment, with a Solaris bias. With all humility, I
            >think I've largely achieved this lofty goal, although
            >time will tell...
            >
            >The book is a hardback with 1248 pages, is published by
            >Sun Microsystems Press (an imprint of Prentice Hall PTR),
            >and is available immediately.
            >
            >More details, including a sample chapter, the complete
            >preface and table of contents, and a searchable index
            >can be found from my web site, www.rite-group.com/rich .
            >This URL can also be used to order a copy of the book.
            >
            >We now return you to your regular programming (pun
            >intended!)...
            >
            >--
            >Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, author of "Solaris Systems Programming",
            >published in August 2004.
            >
            >President,
            >Rite Online Inc.
            >
            >Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

            Just ordered my copy.

            Congratulations Rich -- you should justifiably be proud.

            Cheers,
            Bernard Michaud
            Excom Informatics Services
          • Rich Teer
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
              On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Bernard Michaud wrote:

              > Just ordered my copy.

              Much obliged - many thanks.

              > Congratulations Rich -- you should justifiably be proud.

              I am!

                Rich Teer wrote:
                > On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Bernard Michaud wrote:
                >

                >>Just ordered my copy.
                >

                > Much obliged - many thanks.
                >

                >>Congratulations Rich -- you should justifiably be proud.
                >

                > I am!

                Imagine how many fewer 'just ordered' - 'thank you' mails we'd all read if the
                list were not set to "reply-to: <list>"...