Re: [solarisx86] How do I delete NICs under X86 version 9?

  • Gary Riseborough - Master Instructor - A
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hi Frank,

      I'm not an expert on SunScreen, but your error isn't really a
      Solaris issue, per say. It is a SunScreen issue.

      So long as when you run "ifconfig -a", and no elx* interfaces are
      shown, Solaris won't try to use them.

      However, SunScreen configures it's interfaces more statically. So
      just removing the physical interfaces from Solaris doesn't remove
      them from SunScreen. You have to do that manually.
      Something like : (From memory only, so take with a grain of salt)

      ssadm active
      ssadm edit POLICY
      list interfaces
      delete interface elx0 SCREEN XXX
      delete interface elx1 SCREEN XXX
      save
      quit
      ssadm activate POLICY

      You will probably have to add interfaces for your new NICs as
      well?

      Hope that helps.!
      Cheers!
      -- Gary