Dir Prod Mgmt, data center web 2.0, Schooner, Menlo Park, CA, USA, relo=no
- View Source
Dir Prod Mgmt, data center web 2.0, Schooner, Menlo Park, CA, USA, relo=noDir Prod Mgmt, data center web 2.0, Schooner
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Reports To: VP Marketing
Schooner Information Technologies is a well funded "early stage" startup
located in Menlo Park . Schooner has a revolutionary solution to data
access that provides significant improvement in scalability,
affordability, and increased performance on a substantial scale to the
customer. IDC sees the market opportunity for this technology to be in
excess of 5 billion dollars per annum. Our management team comes from
such firms as Pathscale, Sun, HP, and Clarity Software. Our firm will
have a substantial impact on the computer industry and we are looking
for highly intelligent, common sense, senior marketing professionals who
truly want to make a difference in the industry. Our breakthrough
technology, as well as our highly experienced management group offers
high caliber individuals the opportunity to move both their career and
technical expertise forward
Director, Product Management
We are looking for a talented and experienced senior marketing professional who has diverse experience in marketing to take on the role of Director of Product Management. If you like to work in an entrepreneurial environment where things happen fast and you see the direct impact of your contribution, if you like to start your own company some day and want to gain that first hand experience of helping to grow a company, and if you like to work on cutting edge technology when what you work on today becomes a new industry category later on, join us.
- You will be responsible to lead the effort of defining Schooner's product portfolio, solution offerings, and long term roadmap
- Develop an internal new product introduction process that's appropriate for Schooner. Drive product requirements definition. Work with founders, engineering team and other internal teams to develop product strategies and manage the product development process from conceptual stages through product life cycles. You will also play a leadership role in the go-to-market and launch efforts.
- Develop close relationships with customers and technology partners. Collect ongoing customer feedback on how Schooner products are being used and provide feedback to internal teams and incorporate feedback into product development.
- Identify new product ideas and improvements. Build the appropriate business case to justify the investment.
- Prefer educational background from top tier schools, also extensive background working with middle sized software firms / software startups successfully
- Must exhibit clearly "out of the box" thinking in past positions, Highly skilled in both tactical and strategic skills critical
- 10+ years of product management experience. - Must have extensive experience marketing to data centers, including the Web 2.0 space
- Extensive experience with either appliances, systems Software, or OS products
- Broad experience in other marketing, customer facing, and general business related functional areas such as product marketing, business development, and SE highly desired.
- Solid track record getting products released successfully to market
- Enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and a team player.
- Ideal candidate would have BSCS, BSEE. MBA preferred.
Schooner Information Technology offers a highly competitive salary as
well as top of the line benefits. We offer a lucrative "equity package"
in our firm as well. We are seeking highly skilled individuals who
truly want to be part of something special in the industry. Please send your information to herbnj@...
If you're interested in this opportunity, please send a current résumé to:Herb Deitz
Schooner Information Technology
Guidelines for responses:
- Please include a short cover letter detailing how your skills and experience fit the job opening
- Please spell check your cover letter and résumé
- Please wait 24 hours before forwarding this job opportunity to colleagues to allow SPM Jobs members to be first in line with their applications
- Please let this job poster know you found this job on SPM Jobs
Thank you! This job brought to you by:
software & internet product marketing
& management job postings
www.spmjobsblog.com: blog list of job postings
www.spmjobsmanagementblog.com: blog discussion of the market