- Marcom Mgr, MarCom/Pub Relations, NetApp, Sunnyvale, CA, USA, relo=yes Marcom Mgr, MarCom/Pub Relations, NetApp Sunnyvale, CA, USA relo=yes Reports To: ViceMessage 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2008View Source
Marcom Mgr, MarCom/Pub Relations, NetApp, Sunnyvale, CA, USA, relo=yesMarcom Mgr, MarCom/Pub Relations, NetApp
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Reports To: Vice President NAUJob Title: Marketing Communication ManagerJob Location: NetApp, Sunnyvale, CAJob Summary:As a Marketing Communications Manager you support marketing projects in the areas of advertising and promotional programs, public relations, and trade shows. You participate in the development of plans for product promotions in support of marketing objections, and you ensure that sales professionals have necessary product collateral and advertising materials.You will need exceptional writing, editing, and organizational skills; and thrive in the fast paced environment of a growing, global high technology company.
Essential Functions:Prepare materials for internal and external presentations on products, business plans and management communications.
- Lead communications projects in the areas of advertising and promotional programs; public relations and trade shows; and Internet-based communications.
- Collateral project management including meeting project schedules, deadlines, gaining approvals, and meeting established budget requirements.
- Define process for scaling communications globally (e.g. signage, posters, communications, brand guidelines, etc.).
- Create collateral from beginning to completion including creative design for Brochures, White papers, Technical Reports, FAX documents....
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop collateral materials and ensure that sales have necessary product collateral and advertising materials.
- Support of projects that support the larger vision of collateral hierarchy footprint.
- Document process against measured benchmarks.
- Manage cross-functional team to post content to internal, external, and partner sites including: Design files and Visio stencils.- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; especially writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.- Expertise in the area of communications development across all mediums (print, online, web).
- Excellent program management ability from driving large virtual teams, to documenting progress and communicating results.
- Strong ability to manage/mentor other team members and/or vendors.
- Ability to influence large teams, negotiate ideas, and drive to quick decisions.
- Ability to drive design and messaging accurately throughout communications vehicles worldwide.
- Expertise in using tools in the area of design, emarketing, and web.
- Marketing experience in the technology industry; fulfillment, packaging, mailing, and collateral distribution experience; and agency experience.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Broad understanding of NetApp's products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
Interaction:- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others.Education and Experience:
A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts of Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please send a current résumé to:Michelle Freeburn
Guidelines for responses:
- Please include a short cover letter detailing how your skills and experience fit the job opening
- Please spell check your cover letter and résumé
- Please wait 24 hours before forwarding this job opportunity to colleagues to allow SPM Jobs members to be first in line with their applications
- Please let this job poster know you found this job on SPM Jobs
Thank you! This job brought to you by:
software & internet product marketing
& management job postings
www.spmjobsblog.com: blog list of job postings
www.spmjobsmanagementblog.com: blog discussion of the market