Prod Mktg Mgr, Sec Company, San Francisco, CA, USA
- View Source
Product Mktg Mgr, Security Company, San Francisco, CA, USA
Be sure to READ the application instructions carefully. DO NOT click on Reply or Reply-All, as your response WILL NOT be received by the prospective employer.
There are now 6 professional guilds (ProfGuilds) for the software industry:
- SWMarketing ProfGuild (a.k.a. SPM)
- SWSales ProfGuild http://www.swsalesprofguild.com/
- SWEngineering ProfGuild http://www.swengineeringprofguild.com/
- SWProjectMgmt ProfGuild http://www.swprojectmgmtprofguild.com/
- SWQualityMgmt ProfGuild http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/softwarequalitymgmtprofguild
- SW ProfGuild - INDIA http://www.swprofguild-india.com/
- more coming soon... for more information please visit www.softwareproductmarketing.com/
Please mention that you saw this job posting on the SWMarketing Prof Guild . That will set you out from the crowd and also remind the job poster that the SW ProfGuilds are a great place to find qualified software, internet, networking, and telecommunications professionals.
You MUST include a cover email -- do NOT send an empty email with an attached resume. Be sure to include the job title and location in your subject line so that the recruiter will know to open your email.
Please do not forward to colleagues but instead ask them to join the appropriate SW ProfGuild
No re-posting. All jobs posted to any of the SW ProfGuilds are at the request of the job poster. We never post jobs without a direct request from the job poster. SW ProfGuilds believes it is the right of the job poster to decide where to post his/her job and we ask that you also honor this guideline.
Create your ResumeBlog�
Plowing through hundreds of resumes is tough on our job posters, even though all of us are above average. To enable the best candidates to stand out, we are encouraging every job poster to search the ProfGuilds member database first. What member database? Our ResumeBlogs.
Don't have one? Create your own ResumeBlog in less than 15 minutes at www.resumeblog.com . Most jobs are not filled by the avalanche of resumes in response to a job posting, but rather by the job poster finding the perfect candidate, often using Google as their main search tool. But in order to be found, you have to have a web presence that can be searched e.g. your own ResumeBlog.
Don't be googled over due to "Absence of Presence" -- get yourself into the ResumeBlog database and help the recruiters find you!
-- Cynthia Typaldos, Founder & President, SPM & ProfGuilds
My agency is actively looking for a Product Marketing Manager for an internet security company based in San Francisco, California. Only local candidates will be considered. I have pasted the job description below for your review. Candidates must have information security experience, or at least strong networking knowledge, as well as a business background and the ability to write persuasive marketing copy. If you are qualified for the position, and are interested in hearing more details about the opportunity, please contact Heather Jones at hjones@.... Thanks!
Product Marketing Manager
Responsible for developing and implementing outbound marketing initiatives in support of the Company's solutions for large enterprise customers worldwide. Works collaboratively with colleagues in Sales, Marketing Communications, senior management, and other company functions � as well as external partners � to deliver technical marcom content, product demos, presentations, competitive analyses, and sales tools; gather market data from the Company's customer base; assist with product launch management; and equip Sales to win enterprise accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Your primary responsibility is to execute Product Marketing initiatives covering the following core functions:
- Technical marketing content development � gather information on a variety of technical product and other topics, draft white papers and other technical marketing communications messages and content, and work with Marcom to deliver technical collateral and web copy.
- Technical product demos � collaborate with Product Management, Sales, and Corpcom to design scripted demonstrations of the Company's products; provide demo training, scripts, and other Sales assistance as needed.
- Customer Councils and other installed base research � collaborate with Sales and Product Management to design and execute live information sharing events and surveys with groups of Integrity customers. Document customer feedback and work with other groups to ensure the feedback influences product and business decision-making.
- Product launch management � coordinate cross-functional teams, administer launch plan deliverables and schedules, and flush out and resolve issues collaboratively to ensure successful product launches.
- Sales and International support � provide timely and effective assistance in areas of expertise to help U.S. and worldwide sales channels win business over the competition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA degree in engineering or quantitative major; MBA preferred
- 5+ years enterprise product marketing experience
- 2+ years marketing enterprise information security solutions
- Experience researching and writing technical white papers or other collateral content that explains complex technology clearly and concisely. This experience must also include conveying persuasive, differentiated, benefits-based marketing messages that influence prospects to choose the Company's products over competitive offerings.
- Experience designing and implementing technical demonstrations of complex enterprise software. Experience designing and writing detailed product evaluation guides is also desirable.
- Experience planning and managing complex projects, from cross-functional product launches to live events with external parties, particularly user groups or other meetings involving multiple customers. Ideal experience includes management of logistics such as invitations, travel arrangements, and venues.
- Experience with, and enthusiasm for, supporting direct and channel sales requests for ad hoc assistance including competitive intelligence, product details
Position will require occasional domestic travel.
Click here to apply: hjones@...
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today